need help on knock sensors and throttle valves plz

DeMoNiK

hi guyz.. i have a damaged knock sensor and throttle valve.. what im askin is do they greatly affect the performance of the car or they're just parts that need to be replaced?? cuz i sensed a diffrence since i found out they were not workin.. and do they affect gas milage or not.. cuz where i live we dont have really experienced mechanics to tell ya what the real problem is.. i really appreciate the help.

The knock sensor is pretty important - especially if you only have 95 RON petrol. It is possible for engine knock to destroy an engine so this is something I would get fixed straight away just in case.

What problem are you having with the throttle valve? What year is it? I presume we are talking Golf 1.4 though!

ya its a2000 1.4 mk4.. and i dont know wuts with the throttle valve, i just know that the computer said that its not workin.. i was hopin someone could tell me what can it effect in the car??

When Knock sensors fail,

or develop a fault. In most OBD-2 cars AFAIK, Ignition Timing automatically gets retarded a set amount of degrees as a protection feature, which will result in a loss of power.
Replacing them when faulty or un-serviceable will clear any DTC/MIL and restore timing back to normal.

Make sure you know 100% that it's the knock sensor. I had a knock sensor fault show up on my Primera when I did a self diagnostic. I changed it reset the ECU and it still had the same fault.