hi......need some help please

rems

Car
subaru legacy
hi all i have just signed up to the sight :amuse:

im hoping members can be of help to me basically i have a subaru legacy GL 2.0 4x4 (non turbo) and im looking to tune the engine as its going to be put into something special ;) and i wondering where the best place is for performance parts?

thank you

lee

probably better to ask on the Subaru forums, I would guress the normal stuff (breathing) but you can buy a complete subaru car with a turbo engine for very little i would think it's not worth the hassle of spending £££'s on an N/A engine. What's it going in? VW?

sure they are the same as the normal boxer engine
so just buy a scooby mag or look on ebay ect loads of bits out here for the sti wrx ect i know they are turbo but am sure the engine is the same

could be wrong

oh ok

well im going to be putting it into a metro :blink: something as a laugh to get me busy to see if it can be done and will be my first full engine swap, i have done minor swaps before ie in a corsa and removed plenty of engines lol

thats why i want to tune it but not an overly amount as then i will be going into serious ££££ when i only got the car for £70 and the metro £120 :lol:

Wow - thats a fun project and welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along you will fit in just fine.

As has been suggested try posting your question in our Subaru forum for some more specific pointers (but don't mention the metro bit ;))

Our member Loz has a Rover 100 with a 1.8VVC conversion by Talon sports cars so he can probably give you a few pointers.

As it is only a budget project I would be tempted to do some porting and polishing on the head. A fast road cam would be nice but will push up the cost. Why not just go with a sports exhaust and air filter though? A 2.0 engine is really going to shift a metro body.

You may have issues getting the 4x4 drivetrain to work on a 2wd car and I'm hoping both engines are transverse or you will have another set of problems to deal with.

yea should be a fun project and a fun result when finished lol

ah ok i will ask them for some advise cheers

yea i have seen that convertion done a fair few times and was thinking about doing it aswel but i like to be different and stand out from that crowd lol as i have a messy tramp drift volvo 340 and a wip ratty tatty corsa b :lol:

yea i was planing on fitting air filter and exhaut but i wanted a bit more umpf lol but im sure it will be quick enough with the 2litre on its own lol

im going to use the 4wd system and tunnel the gearbox and propshaft ;)

Wow - thats a fun project and welcome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along you will fit in just fine.

As has been suggested try posting your question in our Subaru forum for some more specific pointers (but don't mention the metro bit ;))

Yeah may upset the purists, I would love to put a Nissan SR20et into an Alfa Giulia Coupe, would certainly upset the Alfacionado purists but hey, at least it would be faster, cheaper and most importantly reliable. And it should fit with little probs. Probably cost peanuts compared to an alfa re-build.