Nackered Cylinder?

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Just been doing my Spark plugs

Basically tugged on the rubber cable instead of the actual plug and the rubber cable has come away from the main rubber plug with wire attached.

Basically have i buggered that cylinder up or can i tuck the wiring back in???

dont quite understand what u have done ...

you have pulled the rubber spark plug cable out, and it's come apart ??

If that's the case just get a new one, cheap enough

Get a new lead rather than mess around with a weakened one. If it does still work likely hood is that it will start to misfire in the future. Your local breakers yard can probably help out with a spare lead if you need something really cheap.

I did pull it by the end but it is so welded on!! lol i order a new kit from Europarts for 14 pounds can't faulter the price lol i attempted to run the engine today my god is it jittery struggled to hit 50 mph

Righty Replaced the Leads but my god were they corroded!

When i can be bother i shall replace the other 3 sparks with new ones
but engine runs perfect now!

Only confusing thing is the engine management light stays on despite the engine being in good working order

Only confusing thing is the engine management light stays on despite the engine being in good working order

It will do, you had a fault so now you need to tell the ECU that you have fixed it, so you will have to reset the management light. Any decent garage can do this for you for a fee of a few pounds with a fault code reader.

I have my own RAC one that I bought from Argos for about £60. If the fault has genuinely been repaired then when you reset the light it will stay extinguished and if you have not repaired it properly then the light will come back on.
It is a very handy gadget to have around :)

Right thats no problem I know what it was The heat cover (The metal aluminium cover on the engine) was nearly off as i was removing it but forgot so it was leaning on the fan

Removed it now so all sorted took it for a test drive and its back to its best xD

the ECU has sorted itself out which is all good

Indeed next step for me to fix the Left Drive shaft seal apparently the bloke from a garage said you can only get the part from a Fiat dealership which i have high doubts isn't it just a new O ring i need to stop the gear box leaking oil?