Cylinder head turbo oil feed

MondeoST220

Wrench Pro
Car
Mondeo ST220
Hi everyone.
I've just read in a website that someone added a cylinder head turbo oil feed.
Can anyone explain this and how it works please.
Thanks

IF you already have a turbo then why would you need to alter the oil feed take off location?

I've not got a turbo, I'll be stripping the engine down this winter to install the right internal parts for the engine to accept a turbo, I was thinking of a take off from the oil filter, but then I saw a thread from noble to say that's what they did on the engine.

Don't forget the gravity feed oil drain back to the pan plumbing that needs to be say 10 mm ID and no sharp bends and has to be above the oil level in the pan.

Don't forget the gravity feed oil drain back to the pan plumbing that needs to be say 10 mm ID and no sharp bends and has to be above the oil level in the pan.
But how does it work, is it to cool the turbo, where does it get fed from and does it pass through a rad?

But how does it work, is it to cool the turbo, where does it get fed from and does it pass through a rad?

The oil feed goes into the top of the CHRA = Center Housing Rotating Assembly and drains out of the bottom of the CHRA by gravity feed to the sump pan.

The oil lubes the CHRA bearings as well helps cool them.

The turbo may also have a water and oil cooled CHRA .I would recommend that you buy a oil and water cooled CHRA turbo over a oil cooled only.

It does not pass thru a radiator.

Thanks for that And I'll take note of the water cooled turbo, but where would you feed the oil from the cylinder head, wouldn't this starve the head of oil?