My Whip

My Whip ***UPDATE***

only had this two months so its not much to look at just yet, but ill post some updates as i slowly start to mod it

Front
frontdx3.png

Back
backco0.png

ICE
dvdmx7.png

Sub (Im going to sell it)
subel2.png

CHECK LAST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
i dont understand what you said

anyway, ive been working away from home for the past two months hence my absence, also ive moved out and can only get on the net at work for the time being!

However i have made a few more mods, nothing drastic though:
Black Rear Lexus Lights
Racing Pedals
After Market angel eyes
Racing Mats

it was, goin on holiday soon with it :D and dont worry about performance, i thinking of getting the 2 ltre Turbo engine from the old 200 coupe dumped in in a few years when ive got some no claims! then i can start some serious tuning, like an inter cooler, boost vavle ignition leads etc, but more importantly a dump valve :D

well im back online! i will be posting some updates after the weekend, i am currently finally making the air box at work, just made a clear platstic lid that fits over the bottom of the original, i didnt have access to a vacuum former so its held together by a iron from, but its shiney, so i hope it will look good!

also new mats, got rid of the tacky chrome ones
racing pedals
rear lexus lights
aftermarket angel eyes, being fitted on friday! (if the garage can do it :s)

i have the same rover and so does my mate he bought that and all it does is keep the car thinking its cold so it over revs it will destroy your car !

i have read through your entire thread, you sound like me haha when i got mine first although im going a different route now i must have had 4/5 different installs but my real passion is performance tuning.

I have already stripped an entire 400 and it got crushed well it was my mates and he was banned but anyway im gonna strip my entire rear end seats carpet ect and then ad suspension strut brace small sub and light sound system bucket seats new dials ect new rims tyres brakes strut on the front new fast road cams full cold air box full exhaust system.

Maybe more, also just to add without alot of work your 19" rims wont fit 17" max on a 400 without work !

Last edited by a moderator:
nah 18" fit, checked with the garage other day!
also im all for performance, but i like confort and style more tbh,
so were as your ripping out seats and carpet im doin the exact opposite, im gonna recarpet my whole car a nice black, get leather seats black on the outside and red down the mid to match the new paint job when i get it,

also some interior red lights, new dvd player, monitor in headrest and complete new sound system,

then when i have some no claims and more money, dump in a 2.0L T! and also lower susp and get all the engine hosed out

btw ill hopefully have updates on Wed!

ok just a quick update lol pics will be up as soon as i finish work in about five mins then give me half an hour to get home and then take the pics, had a virus on my pc, was a night mare to be able to even format! all sorted now!

oh and gendox let me know where you get the dials from, will the 200 dials fit? cant find 400 ones anywhere, was thinking of trying to get a digital conversion!

wow nice find! those second ones look sweet! ill have to get them, anywhere do them in uk though? and it looks like the r200 are the same as 400 thanks Loz :D

anyway heres some updates ;)

massive-albums-my-rover-project-picture1857-pedal-power.jpg

massive-albums-my-rover-project-picture1856-rear-rover.jpg

not a big difference but an update anyway :)

well bad news just picked up my car, and they didnt fit them cos they didnt want the needle to snap, so ive ordered a new unit from ebay, for them to try on, but i might fit the dials on then get the garage to wire it up

my car is dieing :(

my engine rattles and chatters really loadly when i rev it even just to 2000, hope my hea gasket isnt goin, it has done over 101,000 miles

dont think the headgasket is the cause of this unless your using alot of water, heavy deposits of mayo under the oil cap.

wheres the ratlle coming from top of bottom ?

you can rev the cable by gently opening the throttle body

well your both wrong :p it was the head gasket goin, however the rattle was the fan belt, just literally got it back from the garage now, the rattled stopped woo woo only 23 quid,

then when sat at the lights i could feel a bubbling coming from round my pedals then steam coming from the stop right of the bonnet then i get it home and there is oil all over the road, oh poo

i pop open the bonnet to discover this!!

headtraumerbv0.jpg

:( my poor baby

i cant afford the price of a recon engine just yet, never mind the insurance!
it would be nice to have a 2.0T though

just waitin for garage to ring back with the head gasket price

Bad luck mate :(. Did it run with no oil for any length of time? I'd get it compression tested to see if there is any serious piston wear.

wow sorry guys meant to say this two weeks ago :) been on hols with the gf to lanzarote, just got back last night, sorry forgot to mention :p

anyway im thinking about gettin a reconditioned engine, might get a 1.6 depending on what my insurance says *gulp*i know its not a 2.0T but its a step up from 1.4 ;)

the head gasket would cost me around 300-400 with a skim and balance, but even then you never know when its gonna go next, so tonight after college im gonna go back to the garage and see if they have found a re con engine, this will cost more, but if it lasts longer in the long run it will be worth it, got a feelin its gonna be between 800-1000 :(

dont want to sell it, dont think id be able to in this state anyway, but ive grown attached to it

ill post up the price tonight if i get one

well hopefully gettin a new head gasket on friday, its gonna be the freelander gasket that loz posted up which sort out the dodgy head gaskets that come with the k series

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back