My Whip

My Whip ***UPDATE***

only had this two months so its not much to look at just yet, but ill post some updates as i slowly start to mod it

Front
frontdx3.png

Back
backco0.png

ICE
dvdmx7.png

Sub (Im going to sell it)
subel2.png

CHECK LAST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
see if your fittin new subs to the car get some 2"x2" and plywood and make a frame on the back seats . cut out the holes for the subs and then bolt the whole lot directly onto the back seats, in my civic ( same car with a few changes) it sounded great
and change the speakers all round as there crap and go bang very easily

Last edited:
yea, gonna do that, thats why im selling it, use the money to get something i can customly make to fit better into my car, and obviously buy some decent speakers for the doors, btw did you paint your frame or fabricate it?

well i just carpeted the back as the frame itsself was screwed into the back seats ( think i used 2 3/4" screws ) so you couldnt see it, i left a small gap of around 3" at the top to allow the air to move out, and then the plywood was screwed onto the frame

cutting out the parcel shelf and fitting mesh then re carpeting it makes a good stelth shelf as well

ive still got that sitting in ma basement will get pics later on of it dont know if ive still got the frame the subs were mounted on i know i stole the carpet off it for something else if i have al post pics up

ok so ive nicked the mesh off the parcel shelf as well
but here are the pics

subs back this was carpeted in grey to suit the boot

bottom view of the frame which was screwed directly onto the seats sorry i used 1 3/4" (40mm) for the frame not 2" like i said so must have been 2 1/4" screws into the seats. any more and youll stab passengers in the back

top view of the parcel shelf showing the 6x9 still installed sorry i have removed the mesh at sum point the carpets still lieing in the basement thou but the mesh was strong stuff then black carpet over the top so that if i threw anything on the shelf it wouldnt damage the speakers
used 5mm panhead bolts (flat head so doesnt stick up )

under side view of the parcel shelf what you cant see is the bolts under the speakers the panhead came through the shelf washer on the 2 nylocks (nut with a blue nylon ring ) done up as tight as i could ( nylocks can still come loose over time so put one on the locked the other up against it this also meant that there was a space in between the mesh and the top of the tweeters ) this also had a washer over it. done this 4 times then put the speaker on with another washer and locked in place with another nylock

the mesh itself was stuck on by bending the diamond pattern around the head of the bolt

sorry about the size of the pics took them with my phone

so you put the mesh over the speakers to stop em from gettin damaged, that would look cool from a styling prospective, ill have to try that soon

yeah mesh over the speakers then carpet over the top it was to stop them getting damaged when i originally just put the carpet on it. the carpet stretched inwards so you could see the speakers holes. added the mesh and restretched the carpet over the mesh and glued it down it also meant that the shelf could be used

only problem was the weight it broke the rubber supports. these could be changed for string though and watch your head on the boot it doesnt open fully

When the Sun Goes Away, The Rover Comes Out To Play

here are some updates of the rover front!
ledssideec3.png

ledsside2hd1.png

ledsfront1rv2.png

ledsfront2nu0.png

insanity i know!

ive also just bought a tuning module off ebay for 6 quid, reckons 10-20 bhp boost. ill have to see how it makes a diff this weekend!

Last edited:
sorry to say it but if you get even 10bhp your doing great the tuning module is it a unclip this connection and install between the connections you prob find its just a resistor that will confuse the ECU making the choke stay on. this may do more damage than spending the £300 it would have cost to have been chipped for a 5-10bhp increase

sorry for disappointing you but let me know if it does make a difference thou

Pics look good 8). You have more lights than a Christmas tree ;) Don't expect more than 0.0001 bhp extra from the tuning module.

lol not yet i just look at and think, why, its like an inch long by 1/2 inch deep, ill have a look over weekend, when i looked at the pics on ebay they looked quite big

well i can say that was a load of crap that thing was, didnt make any diff at all, couldnt feel any increase in power

as far as i am aware they are, the only thing making them illegal is the glare from the bulbs, not the glow on the road, i have not been pulled over yet, even when a police car has been right behind me, as long as your drive sensibly your should be ok

The reason I was thinking was that the colours look like a police car...which could confuse a few people. By law you can't have lights that are distracting to other drivers. They do look rather unique though!

i thought it was illegal to have any red lights on the front as the red is used for the back of the vehical and blue and green lights are illegal as them mimic emergency vehicals

the lights underneath though are fine as long as their not sticking out anywear though or run the risk of being smashed, or at least thats what i remember being told

as far as im aware the only lights your allowed on a car are

front

White (various versions from yellow through to light purple depending on bulb temp output)

Orange / Amber for indicators only

Sides

Amber for side markers and indicators

Rear

Red - Tail lights , Brake rear fog,
Amber - Indicators / hazard
White - Reversing light

Anything other than this is illegal

All blue / green lights that can be seen from outside the car, bulb or light output, are illegal (doesnt matter if there fitted in foot wells bodykit anywhere )

you can get legal under car kits with white front amber sides and red rear

the good thing about the kit is i can change the colour i want, and to be honest an idiot would be able to see that it was a normal car, how many emerceny vehicles etc do you see with an leds under car kit on tbh, the law is dumb in my opinion

Alright,

Definitely an unique looking vehicle you got goin there. 'bout that tuning box if you crack it open it's actually filled with resin and inside there will be a bit of copper wire and a resistor. Which will do precisely naff all.(sorry)

These things are a bit of a running joke over on couple of the VW forums. one guy said he was gonna get 50 and run then sequentially for 500bhp with no lag in his 1.4 golf. All this of course was in the aide of P-taking some guy who had innocently asked if they actually worked. (childish I know)

basically of £6 you have your self an expensive paper weight. Although this guy had been stung £50 for his.

basic rule:

more air + more fuel = more power ( + less weight) = more fun + less cash

Make sure the lights will pass an MOT if it can pass you don't have a problem.

Alright,

basically of £6 you have your self an expensive paper weight. Although this guy had been stung £50 for his.

basic rule:

more air + more fuel = more power ( + less weight) = more fun + less cash

yeah it shows how much some folk make from gimmicks like this the resistors can be bout for 20p each ( lot cheaper in some places )

rule needs changed slightly as its to do with oxygen and not air

at 5000ft above see level ( im going silly high ) you could have the same air going in but it contains less oxygen ( ox is heavy compared to other gases in air ) than at sea level, this means you actually have less power. as its only really the oxygen that burns.

thats why your normally told to get cold air into the engine with Cold Air Intakes (CAI) cold air is more dense so has more oxygen in it

im now hoping that someone else can confirm this ;)

My bad. rules amended accordingly.

You are right though.

Cold air will be more dense as when any kind of gas is heated it will expand, cool down anything far enough and it goes from a liquid to a solid i.e becomes increasingly more dense the further its cooled down. (you also need to apply pressure very liberally)

Just don't try inserting a block of solid oxygen into your combustion chamber though I dont think your neighbours would like the result:mrgreen:

Disclaimer: in order to get the kind of machinery to produce a block of solid oxygen you need to work for NASA, so don't try it in the freezer at home and then complain that it doesn't work. You have been warned.

i like the wheel arch lights, pretty cool, head units quite nice also, will be interesting to see what you do with it.

pgarner your absolutely right with the lighting, i work at a place where we build fire trucks, and emergency services vehicles and some other maintenance vehicles are the only vehicles that are allowed some variations.

well here are some chrimbo pressies ill be getting help me out which body kit

Zeus
001149.jpg

Delta
003998.jpg

Delta
004001.jpg

Zeus
001151.jpg

and some nice chrome alloys hopefully 19"

my prefence is leanin towards Delta cos i like the rear bumper, and would also look cool for when i save up for my double twin exhausts, i could have front zeus back delta or would that look weird :?

I prefer the front and back of the zeus kit. It looks more refined. I'll agree the back of delta looks alright...but the front looks like a hamster with it's pouches full!

Got to agree with you there prince - I like the smoothed look of the Delta but the front is not quite right. My Vote is the Zeus. Although I (and my wife) like the back of the Delta kit!

yea i think ill do that, the rear bumper on the delta just looks different from alot of others

You could make the front of zeus and the back of delta work if you found the right side skirt.... it's worth looking. I must say that back bumpers are a pain in the arse...the only nice ones come with awful front bumpers!

im trying to figure out how it would look in my head, cant make up my mind if it would look right, maybe i should try and photoshop it together, the zues looks quite beefy the front bumper, i dunno i got plenty of time to decide

here are the two side skirts options

zues
001152.jpg

Delta
004002.jpg

now i prefer the Zues sides

Last edited:
well about that :p i get my angel eyes at the begining of june! problem soved :p cant wait they look so sweet

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back