Attachments

• clio one.jpg
    clio one.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Clio two.jpg
    Clio two.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
I took the liberty & fixed your pics for you. :)

Problem is, Flickr isn't very good for linking pics so it's best to either upload the photo using the 'add attachment' option at the bottom of the screen when you write your post (make sure their about 600x600 ish) or link using an IMG code from Photobucket.

Btw, the Clio is looking very tidy. :D

I took the liberty & fixed your pics for you. :)

Problem is, Flickr isn't very good for linking pics so it's best to either upload the photo using the 'add attachment' option at the bottom of the screen when you write your post (make sure their about 600x600 ish) or link using an IMG code from Photobucket.

Btw, the Clio is looking very tidy. :D

oops :embarrest: thanks Loz. you have been helping me out a lot today lol.

its getting there mate.. just need to get a few more horses out of her...
was thinking a re-map but the gains were minimal, think it was about 4 hp :blink:

Get rid of those Lexus lights mate. I believe it's a 1.2 so biggest power gains will be seen with an engine conversion.

What sort of brake and suspension setup have you got?

Get rid of those Lexus lights mate. I believe it's a 1.2 so biggest power gains will be seen with an engine conversion.

What sort of brake and suspension setup have you got?

just apex springs.. you feel the pot holes tho :blink: but it makes up for it in the corners :blink1:

i was going smoke the rear lights.

engine conversion is a no, being 22 my insurance will be to high :(

thanks for the post Prince :bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:
and just the standard brake set-up. was thinking of rear disk conversion.
maybe some brembo callipers with some drilled and grooved disks?

just apex springs.. you feel the pot holes tho :blink: but it makes up for it in the corners :blink1:

i was g2 smoke the rear lights.

engine conversion is a no, being 22 my insurance will be to high :(

thanks for the post Prince :bigsmile:

I'd probably just get the OEM lights, but each to their own. Your insurance must be through the roof if a 1.2 Clio is high.

If an engine conversion is completely out of the question then I'd do pretty much the following:

- Coilovers. If you budget can stretch get fully adjustable (height, camber and castor). At the very least height adjustable coilovers will improve handling over springs.

- Poly bushes. Get the chassis stiffened up for less body roll.

- Anti-Roll Bars (ARBs). Thicker anti-roll bars will stop the car rolling so much in corners and thus improve handling.

- Strut braces. Stiffer chassis equals less body roll. Also improves stability at high speeds.

- Better brakes. Ideally bigger discs and calipers and a rear disc conversion. But you'd get away with better pads and stainless steel brake lines.

If it's not fast on the straights it'll at least be bloody good fun on the twisty turnys!

I'd probably just get the OEM lights, but each to their own. Your insurance must be through the roof if a 1.2 Clio is high.

If an engine conversion is completely out of the question then I'd do pretty much the following:

- Coilovers. If you budget can stretch get fully adjustable (height, camber and castor). At the very least height adjustable coilovers will improve handling over springs.

- Poly bushes. Get the chassis stiffened up for less body roll.

- Anti-Roll Bars (ARBs). Thicker anti-roll bars will stop the car rolling so much in corners and thus improve handling.

- Strut braces. Stiffer chassis equals less body roll. Also improves stability at high speeds.

- Better brakes. Ideally bigger discs and calipers and a rear disc conversion. But you'd get away with better pads and stainless steel brake lines.

If it's not fast on the straights it'll at least be bloody good fun on the twisty turnys!

i was thinking Coilovers "nice and pricey tho" thanks for the information :bigsmile: i better start saving loool

it's tons of fun in the corners now, the springs are low to the max when you look at them there in no play at all.. its just them pot holes :confused: you feel every bump in the road! do you think a de-cat will make much difference?
its already got a cat back exhaust!

i was thinking Coilovers "nice and pricey tho" thanks for the information :bigsmile: i better start saving loool

it's tons of fun in the corners now, the springs are low to the max when you look at them there in no play at all.. its just them pot holes :confused: you feel every bump in the road! do you think a de-cat will make much difference?
its already got a cat back exhaust!

Coilovers will give you a harsh ride (plus everything I mentioned above too), but it's worth it. My HSDs were £800 and a adjustable in every way. I feel everything but you soon get used to it!

A de-cat will add upto 5bhp, but remember you probably won't pass an MOT without it.

I quite like the wheels too. Maybe paint them white? Also noticed the bucket seats so nice job on that! What make are they?

thanks Prince, i was thinking going gold with the rims?
Corbeau seats .. bolsters have seen better days tho :(

Coilovers will give you a harsh ride (plus everything I mentioned above too), but it's worth it. My HSDs were £800 and a adjustable in every way. I feel everything but you soon get used to it!

A de-cat will add upto 5bhp, but remember you probably won't pass an MOT without it.
has just passed its MOT so will have to swap the de-cat with the OEM cat for the MOT next year.. cant seem to find one tho. do you know where i cant get hold of one from? or do you think i should bash the internals on a standard cat?

thanks Prince, i was thinking going gold with the rims?
Corbeau seats .. bolsters have seen better days tho :(

If you go with gold you'll look like you're copying a Scooby. Bucket seats are awesome. They inspire so much confidence.

has just passed its MOT so will have to swap the de-cat with the OEM cat for the MOT next year.. cant seem to find one tho. do you know where i cant get hold of one from? or do you think i should bash the internals on a standard cat?

You could get a custom one made up if needs be. Places like Powerflow/Longlife should be able to make one up for you.

If you go with gold you'll look like you're copying a Scooby. Bucket seats are awesome. They inspire so much confidence.

You could get a custom one made up if needs be. Places like Powerflow/Longlife should be able to make one up for you.

yes it is nice to be held in place as opposed to having your face flat against the window round the bends loool :D

i will have to enquire about that, any idea on average price?

Last edited:
All Williams Clio's was blue.

Phase 1 and 2 was Sports blue and the later phase 3 was a slightly lighter Blue which was Monaco Blue. ;)

Thanks for that. The one I saw must have been resprayed for some reason (the guy was adament it was a Williams). Don't the missus I got one wrong otherwise she'll think she can win as well! :lol:

i will have to enquire about that, any idea on average price?

An educated guess would say about £100.

smoked the tail lights today... will put some pictures up tomoz...

for your decat, have you considered buying a used cat for your model then cutting open and gutting it? then you'll have a perfect replacement for your normal cat that can easily replaced when coming to the MOT,

I agree with previous posts, loose the lexus lights and go for handling mods if you don't want to do an engine conversion.

for your decat, have you considered buying a used cat for your model then cutting open and gutting it? then you'll have a perfect replacement for your normal cat that can easily replaced when coming to the MOT,

I agree with previous posts, loose the lexus lights and go for handling mods if you don't want to do an engine conversion.

have smoked the lights now..

and i think im g2 stick with this to build up my no claims. then maybe a v6 or a 182..