Torque Cars

Mitsubishi Lancer 1995 suspension modifications

Discussion in 'Lancer EVO forums' started by nseries, 10 May 2008.

1. nseries

nseries Tuner

Brunei
    Car:
    Lancer GLX 95
    Hi all,

I own a Mitsubishi Lancer 1995 model and always got a problem with shock absorber and suspension.I'm thinking of changing it to sports absorber and sports spring which can stabilize the car when cornering and also any recommendations on any brand of sports absorber and springs?

Thnaks

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    going down the more expensive route of going for coilovers ( shocks and springs combined in 1 unit ) as this would allow you more custom setup. ie you dont want a 50mm drop when you live in an area with bad roads or speed bumps. as well as most coilovers now allow you to adjust the dampening

as for brand it would be more a case of finding out what over people have used on a lancer. some brands work well with one car but not as well with another

3. nseries

nseries Tuner

Brunei
    Car:
    Lancer GLX 95
    Yes, might as well looking for coilovers.Back in my country, there's alot of speedbums and also its adjustable to fit my driving criteria.For now, hope to hear from Lancer owners to give opinions on the brands.

Thanks

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Koni adjustable shocks or tein with adjustable dampening are the best I've come across. I think it is a false economy to get preset shocks you really want to play with different settings and see which matches your driving style.

5. nseries

nseries Tuner

Brunei
    Car:
    Lancer GLX 95
    Koni adjustable absober or coilovers are really expensive.But i hope it worth it for its price and performance.

6. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    just remember you get what you pay for