mitsubishi carisma 2001

dkelzam39

Car
mit carisma 1.8 gdi
:):)help, recent purchase mit charisma, gdi petrol, revs jumping, specially on cold start, also car jumping forward even without increase in accelator, makes sometime uncomfortable driving, any suggestions greatly considered thanks DANNY

The mitsubishi gdi engines are amazing when running right but they are prone to a few faults including this one

Had a similar thing on my chariot. It is usually engine clogging with carbon somewhere/somehow which is a problem on the gdi engines.

Hopefully it ill be the throttle body which can be cleaned. It is a bit of a pain to do and cant really be done in situ so I just replaced it using a decent used one. There is a breaker on ebay who is very reasonable.
If that doesnt work it will either be the injectors which you can only get oem and they are silly money.
Or it needs the valves/head cleaning.

Hope for your sake it is the throttle body.

Good luck

There are a few products out there which would possibly work well in your case. They are foam cleaning agents which you spray into the intake tract whilst the engine is running. GDi engines inject fuel directly into the combustion chambers rather than onto the back of the inlet valves.

Seafoam and 10K boost are what I'm thinking of

Greetings dkelzam39 and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

When mine had its problem i did try cleaning the throttle body in situ despite the fact that I had been told it wouldnt work because they clog up very badly.
The info was right (in my case ) It didnt make any difference at all. Second hand throttle body- straightforward to fit and not that expensive . Car is still running perfectly a year or so later.