Look at the car and know the owner

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you believe your car reflects your personality? Is it possible to tell anything about someone by looking at their car or choice of car or the mods they have done to thier car.

What does your car say about you?

There may be something in this with regard to standard cars, but I don't think that it can be applied to modded cars. OK, chavved up Corsa's may be an exception, but I am talking about serious modders.

My reasoning for this is that people of a similar disposition tend to gravitate towards each other and become friends.

Most of my close friends are petrolheads but drive disparate modded cars.

Winston has a Rover 3 litre (with a Cleveland 351) as his road car and a Mk5 Cortina drag car (again, with a 351)

Dave had a Cosworth powered Dutton drag car for many years but is now building an 800bhp Ford Fiesta road legal drag car.

John drives a Jag (at the moment) but runs a 1954 Ford Prefect (351 power) road legal car on the strip.

Andy is rebulding his BMW from the ground up.

Darren owns a Frogeye Sprite (highly modified), Elise, Ultima, E Type and a few others.

As above but if you have a toy (or two) then what your daily driver is really doesnt matter as long as it is not the absolute pits.

I would say that the visual mods can often show something .

A lot of the aggressive BMW drivers seem to have moved across to Audi for some reason. Just an observation from driving on the motorways

A lot of the aggressive BMW drivers seem to have moved across to Audi for some reason. Just an observation from driving on the motorways
Yip, Audi's seem to be the new BMW bad drivers from what I've witnessed in the last 2 years, mainly on motorways. Have also noticed a few Volvo's being aggressive, that's recently.

While driving to work today i saw a slowly moving small fiat (punto? uno?) on the motorway and thought it must be an older woman... pretty close, probably in her early 30s and chatting on the phone on a busy motorway!:eek: I quickly moved out of the harms way in my Pontiac :lol: Seems people buying old econoboxes just to go from one place to another don't pay much attention to their driving on average.

People driving american muscle/sports cars in Europe (myself and my car club) seem to mostly like rock music and beer. We're also (usually) smarter when it comes to styling and performance tuning than jap and bimmer fans around here, you should see the amount of fart cans and skyscraper rear wings:sad2:. Guess it's because we're usually older people who aren't scared of big cars and bigger engines (not me i'm 20 lol).

There may be something in this with regard to standard cars, but I don't think that it can be applied to modded cars. OK, chavved up Corsa's may be an exception, but I am talking about serious modders.

Thanks Steve I own a Pug 107 & a Rover 25 which means i died 5 years ago.