longest drive

ihark

Car
civic type r ep3
was jst wondering what is the longest drive u have done.I think by miles my is from glasgow 2 london abt 380 it took 5 hour but i went from glasgow 2 kings lynn yestarday it was 340 miles but took 6 hours 15 min because of slower roads

I managed a 4 hour drive in one stint before I took a break and we must have covered about 800 miles by the end of the journey - this was in France and the roads there are fantastic, really well maintained and no congestion at all!

was jst wondering what is the longest drive u have done.I think by miles my is from glasgow 2 london abt 380 it took 5 hour but i went from glasgow 2 kings lynn yestarday it was 340 miles but took 6 hours 15 min because of slower roads

pretty similar to yourself finished work at 6 drove home grabbed a shower then drove to brentwood 347 miles. wasnt too great after having doing a 12 hr shift.
great thing about it was most of the roads were clear until the M25 would have done it in around 5 hours had it not been for someone deciding to clip someone else and the whole eastbound side closed while they removed the cars which didnt have much damage - cracked light and bumper

only stop was for fuel at watford gap

600 miles a day for 4 days through France in a Merc 230k, just for something to do, Slept in a tent and drank wine at night, Great

I would love 2 go into europe for a driving experince i have never been out of britain driving it would be good 2 try and find a road like the 1 they found on top gear i think it was in switzerland

stick to the homeland mate, go up the west coast across the highlands and back down the east. there are some stunning roads up there, long flowing roads that you can see out in front of you, hard switchbacks leading up the hills great fun

i probably learned more driving in that week than i have anywhere else

from shrewsbury to michelstadt (south of frankfurt) Germany, in a seven and a half toner
started at 8.30 and arrived at 2oclock the following morning.

Madras(present name Chennai) to Calcutta(present name Kolkata) in my Jaguar XK 120 in 25 hours 45 minutes in 1962 , total distance 1000 miles-not much traffic in those days-

many years ago when some of the main highway around Australia was still gravel i drove from Wyndham in the north to Perth Western Australia . this was a each way trip of 3200 km ( i had a job interview ) and took holidays at the same time . The car was a new 1976 rambler hornet the journey was almost non stop , the trip down was the fastest under 48 hours . going back was a lot more relaxed

2300 miles over 14 days, we went to Americas East coast and did the full tour of Route 1. I strongly recommend it if you get a chance. Keep the sea on your right though if you want the lovely sea views. The other direction is OK but nowhere near as pretty.

August 2014, Bonneville to Anaheim. 630 miles in 9 hours 5 minutes with one 15 minute stop for a sandwich.

Bonneville to Anaheim in August 2014. 630 miles in 9 hours 5 minutes including a 20 minute stop for fuel and a sandwich.

Here in the States my longest straight-through trip was in Jan. 1973, from Miami,Florida to Cudahy,Wisconsin. A short 23hours and 1439miles and in the dead of winter! :( But of course I was 22 years old at the time. That was 42 years ago!! :D

Now my longest trip anywhere is to the kitchen for another cup of coffee!!! :rofl:

Over five hours a couple of weeks ago while travelling to the SAAB AGM in Hull from London. Seem to be doing 50mph forever along the motorway with barely a moment to put my foot down :(