Living without a car

I couldn't work without a car so Im totally dependent on mine. Lost a fortune when it was off the road needing a gearbox a few years ago and nearly lost my job! Thankfully I got to borrow my mums car for a month and that saw me through a tough time.

The funny thing is that I probably spend most of my money running my car when you look at insurance and fuel!

For two weeks, which felt like two years when I was told by the quack not too drive! I kept looking out of the living room window at my baby just to say, hello! and to tell her that daddy misses her terribly and that he will be with her as soon as he can! :embarrest:

I won't even go there about the 10 weeks last year while she was being rebuilt!

I have done 2 months (when I lost my keys to my Mazda). It nearly killed me. Not only that, I met my missis in that time, and I felt like a right sleeze bag telling her I have a car, and her not seeing it for a month as it was at work! I bet she thort ''yeah yeah you got a car, what ever''! :(

I waited a year while the guys at Talon Slowly built my car, at the time the 3 man team had 4 Cobra replicas, a GTM Libra & two Stratos replica's to build. It's a good job I'm a patient person!

Tbh it doesn't bother me not having a car, I just get on with it unlike some I know who'd get their own mums out of bed in the middle of the night just to give them a lift. :lol:

Around a month whilst my arches were getting done. It wasn't the no car that was the worst bit, it was using the bus! Sitting on the most uncomfortable seats, with people I don't know (or like), old people, smelly people, ill people and it taking 3 times as long to get anywhere. To do a 35 mile trip, it took 3 hours!

Finding it hard to think back over nearly 30 years! However can't be without one now due to the 70 mile a day commute and the fact that the trains cost more and take 2.5x longer to get there! Rather be in my own bubble anyhow. Even when away on holiday I tend to rent a car.

Christ knows how I used to get on before I could drive I use to have to rely on the train which was as expensive as insuring my motor!

But so far I have gone 4 days without driving as the garage is bringing the car back tomorrow to me :D

Tbh it doesn't bother me not having a car, I just get on with it unlike some I know who'd get their own mums out of bed in the middle of the night just to give them a lift. :lol:

:amazed: Whoever would have the almighty cheek to do that to their poor mums, should be horse whipped on the driveway and given a bus pass! :blink:

Eurgh Got an Update from the Garage They are having a right hard time Getting the old Clutch off apparently as the old clutch has seized all together I mean jesus the previous owners must of really ragged it some! :(