Dead skoda, now living again!

rdp50734

Torque Junkie
Car
skoda fabia 1.4tdi
After a 50 mile round trip to see my pal, I pulled up and parked on my drive.

Come 14.30 jump in the car to get the kids from school and the car was dead....

Phoned the wife who went and picked them up instead while I had a look at the car.

I found it was the small cable that goes into a plug for the starter motor solenoid.

Stripped the plug down soldered on a new cable and remade the join to the cable.

Tentatively, I put the key in, waited for the lights to extinguish and turned.......

It started! It was ALIVE again!

How happy am I?

So just a little bit of info incase you get stuck whilst your out and about it might just help.

I do wish I had taken some photos to show but I was so busy trying to get it running it was an after thought.

Yes due to one tiny little 1mm wire the car was stuck.

Your telling me!

3 cars on the drive and only 1 was working :(

However soon it will be 3 working! The Fto now has a new water pump and I should be able to get the cam belt and ancillary belts done Monday.

Spare time is hard to come by. If anyone has some please let me know! LOL

Well spotted. It's nice to get some positive stuff (no pun intended). How are you going with the vibration issue you mentioned a while back?

Its still there, :(

It only seems to be above 3000 rpm, the forte diesel treatment is in and the tank is filled with shell premium.

No still the same. I have just got the FTO back on the road so I can start pulling the skoda apart to find the bad bit hopefully it will be something as daft as a cv joint or top mount.

I know one top mount is worn by the amount of movement in it.