Learner Drivers

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
Now, in my opinion, everyone has to start somewhere. It doesn't matter if you take to driving like a duck to water or if you take a little bit more time to pick it up. So when I see a learner driver, I always give them a wide berth and give them at least 3 car lengths. It annoys me when I see people right up there arses or beeping there horn when they stall. Its all a learning curve and we HAVE all done it. If you add pressure to them, its going to knock there confidence and cause them to make more mistakes. What are your thoughts? Am I being to kind to them?

I couldn't agree with you more...

I have not long passed my test and I can confirm our roads are a hostile place when you're learning.
In a way I'm lucky because I had low powered bikes when I was 16 and 17 (I'm 21 now) so I was wise to peoples antics on the road, I own and learned in a 55 plate Audi A3 which makes all the difference as chavs seem less inclined to try and intimidate you in a car better more powerful than theirs (L plates or not) and my Dad is a police class 1 advanced driver so he made sure I was driving to a relatively high standard before I went for my test.
It winds me up now when you see little boys with their little d***s and big exhausts up the arse of some poor learner who is petrified in something like a Daewoo Matiz. What are they trying to prove? That they can go faster than a learner?
I think the small minded twits who bully learner drivers forget that it used to be them who were struggling to grasp driving.
Rant over lol :mad:

I haven't noticed anyone acting like that around me and I stall a hell of a lot :) Maybe I'm just to concerned with driving to notice other people maybe I'll notice them more when I get good enough to be able to judge how they are acting.

You'll notice when their up your arse haha

But remember,.....You've paid for the hire of the car you are learning in, so if someone comes right up behide you, why hurry yourself? ..... You've paid for that hour if you do it by then hour so take as much time as you need lol