Torque Cars

laguna 1.9dci

Discussion in 'Laguna' started by gregm, 7 July 2008.

1. gregm

gregm Newbie

hello everyone what is the best chip tuning for the laguna 1.9dci mine is the 130 bhp , there are so many out there on the market, has any one tryed any of them.

2. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    cant say that ive personnaly tried them but celtic tuning offer a good service. our long term derv head had his pug 2.2 done 50k miles ago and has had no issues with it. started at 136bhp now has 190 and around the 300ftlb of torque

3. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Welcome to the site GregM and nice to have you along.

Look at the full torque curves, some remaps claim high power gains but this is often only in a very narrow part of the rev range. I prefer standard mapping for the first 2000rpm to retain fuel economy and then a nice wide peak torque band all the way up to 5000rpm.

You may get a 300 mile test map to try out - I'm sure which ever company you go for you will not be dissapointed.