Laguna problems

Stiggy

Torque Junkie
Car
Audi A3 Quattro
hey guys wondering if i can pick your brains again

as some of you may know im looking at buying a new car now and i was wondering if anyone has heared of any problems that crop up on the laguna

im looking at around the 2000>2004 models and i'll be geting a diesel, most likely the 1.9DCI 120bhp

any words of wisdom would be nice

yea i have noticed they are loaded with nice things even on the basic moddels but i am concerned with the reliability factor of them as i havnt had much dealings with them

mate had one around a month and its been traded in for a zafira problems hes had with it.

CD player fell out - like it hadnt been locked in place
Passenger speaker stopped working completly
interior mirror gives alot of rattling and as its a rain sensor he cant get it off easily to see whats causing it.
car has locked itself and set the alarm off WHILE driving along
trim isnt well put togeather when you look at it closely.

ohh and the air con wasnt working when he bought it, this was fixed under warrety.

sounds like i made the right desigin to steer clear of them then lol

while i was looking around for info on them as well i found the turbo's and the ECU's are commont to brake as well as the front suspension mountings, oh and apparently they chew through front tires like their no tomorrow as well

Yeh one of the guys i work with has had 2 turbos on his megane replaced under warrenty as well, think its a 54 plate, private plate makes it hard to tell

I nearly bought a Laguna once. Glad I didn't now. I remember my mate had a Megane cab and the cambelt went on it. It only had 20 something thousand on the clock :amazed::blink::blink:

sounds like i made the right desigin to steer clear of them then lol

while i was looking around for info on them as well i found the turbo's and the ECU's are commont to brake as well as the front suspension mountings, oh and apparently they chew through front tires like their no tomorrow as well
I had an 02 diesel 3 sets of front tyres to 1 at the back in the first year ,button start kept failing clutch pedal kept dropping to floor dealer told me there had been a re-call and all it needed was spring under pedal worked for about 3 days ,both front springs gone oh and engine blew up after 4 months got a new one on warranty all in 16 months ,ended up giving it to my mother still got 10 payments left as well other than that great car:lol::lol::lol:

the back light on the speed ometer have been prone to go, and they cost about 700 to replac, its a fault made by renault on some of the cars. was on watchdog if you have seen it

ive currently got a 01 laguna dci on my drive. needs a new ECU cos according the mechanic "its french"

Ive no intention of paying the £1400 for a replacement ECU so i bought another car. Some day i might get round to stripping it.

Im my 6 months of ownership it had two sets front tyres, new EGR, new turbo pressure sensor and regulating solenoid. New battery, new cambelt and waterpump.

Nice cars, really........

nice to look at then
£1400 for an ecu bloody hell - is there not a lagunas owners forum or something that you might be able to pick up a replacement ecu and get shot of the car

There is. But to be honest its not worth it. Ill only replace the ECU then have the turbo go or something else. Laguna DCI's really are that bad im afraid. Ill make more money selling the bits that are good on mine then if i sold it as new.

Already made £800 with the engine and gearbox. Got another £300 for body parts lined up aswell. If he calls me back. lol