Is your car reliable

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How reliable would you say your car is?

Did the modifications you do make a difference to it's reliability?

Actually, considering how modified the car is from it's original factory origins, and that most of my driving is in London traffic, I would say the car is pretty reliable.

Neither of my current cars have let me down once apart from when I popped a boost pipe off the FRS due to me not tightening it enough in which case the car cuts out. Also blew the turbo to mani gasket at Rockingham but the car still runs in that case.

Touch wood I would say both cars have been pretty reliable.

no! 3 x galants over 7 years without a single breakdown. in 6 months the VR4 has been off the road 3 times, each time changes have been made. AYC diff cracked and has been replaced with an open diff. EVO bodge job drive shaft failed days before it was being replaced with a standard item during the brembo upgrade. front transfer box which has now been replaced with an EVO 5 RS transfer box with helical LSD

In 8 years the MG has been excellent with the only issues being a failed clutch slave (common problem) and a poor starter motor lead (lightly corroded). Can't think of anything else. In 3 years the Discovery just had a failed fuel pump.

Only owned my car since October, but it's never let me down so far! :) Just need a lot better tyres asap so I don't spin and skid all the time. Tyres that I got from the previous owner are really worn out

In 3 years my st24 has been faultless its used every day.
It gets regular services and maintenance and stops starts and runs superb!:)