Is your car ready for Summer

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Here's a really open ended thread. Is your car ready for Summer. What do you do to your car to get ready for summer?

I got my aircon topped up but that is about it for me. A wax and polish will do later as required and I will clean out the insides as well. It might also be time to give the engine bay a once over.

Cars been fully serviced ,40k one,
cleaned inside pretty well, not perfect but better than it was.
outsides been washed, lightly polished but going to have to get a touch up pen for couple of the deeper chips, and a couple of coats of wax.
New tyres on the front and away for its mot in the next week or so

might have to get the aircon recharge at somepoint my self it doesnt feel as cold as it used to

yeh use it throughout the year anyway, just had it set to 18 degrees yestarday ambiant was 16 and it just didnt feel that cold tried putting it to low and there was no difference. dont fancy driving the 350 odd miles next month to london if this hot weather stays up

well sort of is polished every week in the summer for shows and a pull on the handles and the t tops are off
air con i need to fit my spare compresser on as the bearings are noisey then swap all the vavles as its running on r12 same stuff from when it was in the states

but just fitted some new 6x9s in the back some vibe big things but they dont sound as good i want them to so am going to rewire it all and amp them up

W8 aircon is buggered again (what a suprise).

Worst climate control system EVER! Unlike very other VAG its not actually the normal climatronic system (although the panel looks the same, its far from the same behind). It's some crap arse codge between Climatronic and something from the Bentley range of cars which means every component costs £500+, takes 3 months to arrive special order and lasts 10 minutes.

yeh use it throughout the year anyway, just had it set to 18 degrees yestarday ambiant was 16 and it just didnt feel that cold tried putting it to low and there was no difference. dont fancy driving the 350 odd miles next month to london if this hot weather stays up

Some ppl dream of 16c summers. .................:( Just a distant memory.

p.s.
It's 6:30pm and this is the latest actual weather report from Abu Dhabi airport......
OMAA 221400Z 29012KT CAVOK 28/08 Q1009 A2981 NOSIG.

The highlighted figure is the actual temp at 14:00zulu or GMT. Which is 18:00 local time here.

Last edited:
christ im looking forward to seeing that on holiday, might see low 20s here if were lucky

Yes,

remember 10 Scottish summers very well. We used to over-heat in our immersion suits when the temps approached 20c.

Look on the bright side though. When its colder the air holds more Oxygen and cars run faster! - 1 good reason for living in Blighty!;)