Insurance time!!! First time ever it has gone up!

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
For the first time ever. My insurance has gone up. Just had my renewal quote, and it comes in at £1075.04! Slightly up from last year if I remember correctly. The renewal price doesn't usually bother me, because usually I check out the usual price comparison websites, get a good quote, tell my insurance company and they usually match it.

Not this year, the best quote I could get was £1190 from the sister company Elephent. It looks like i'm going to have to pay that, even though, my points are now off my licence, and I have 5 years NCB :sad2:

Are you guy's finding the same?

I recon there is too many insurance claims for ''whip lash'' that has never happened going in, and this is what is putting the price up.

Keep searching BBJ! I have had two of my men who have had nothing but aggravation from Elephant. Yes they were cheap but faffed about something terrible when a claim went in. They were full comp and both were asked to go round to some body shops to obtain quotes :amazed::amazed:

Thats bad that is. Im with Admiral, there sister company, and before I went with them I heard a lot of bad things. I have been with them two years and I'm not that impressed I have to be honest. After you acept your quote, it is nai on impossible to get in touch with them, inless your making a claim. My mate advised me not to go with them, but at the time (first year of Evo driving) they were £500 cheaper than the next best and £800 cheaper than my beloved Swindon. Second year, was due to convieniece, and they were cheapest again. Sadly, its the same story now.

If I could get my Swindon back for £1200 I would pay the extra. Thats how much they were worth. Ill do some more searching.

Try Adrian Flux mate. Tell them you're with TorqueCars and you'll get 15% off. I've just had my renewal with Admiral. It's gone up by £200! They want £1000. Adrian Flux are willing to cover the supercharger and every little modification for £1230.

Thats not bad. Is there web site competitive or do you have to call them? You see the problem I have is I'm in Bahrain untill Feb, out here with work so I don't realy want to call anyone, because its not cheep to a landline, and 0845 are even worse.

Ill go have a look at there web site, see what they say.

It's a common theme these days, all three policies of mine went up but around £50-£70 each and yes it is down to the personal injury claims going on. I stuck with Adrian Flux as the MG is covered for all mods, so around £500 all in isn't too bad with the level of mods covered and it's like for like unlike some companies.