Improper use of a car horn?

vauxmad8

Wrench Pro
Car
vectra cdx 2.5
Yesterday i honked my horn outside a friends house to let him no i was there, you no like taxi drivers do,when a traffic car pulled along side me and threatened to give me a ticket for improper use of a motor horn,it was at dinner time i would have understood if it was silly oclock,i said your having a laugh and he got very shirty,i said well taxi drivers bib there horn so why cant i,he replyed am not a taxi talk about a law for one and a law for another:amazed:

Re: Car horn

You should move to India! You can horn all you like, whenever you like, anywhere you like(even in a no horn Zone)

Was it a police man? I'd have just said I'm sorry and dropped it. Well that's not what I'd do. Just what I'd like to do.

(What I perceive as) The passive hostility ( which on an unrelated note seems to happen most when I'm drunk) stops me shutting my mouth :)

Last edited:

To be honest I haven't heard a taxi use his horn for a long while around here, most firms either phone or text you when the taxi is near.

Some officers are just fat lazy, jobs worth losers, who spent most of there childhood betting bullied. Now they feel it is time to get there revenge on the population.

Don't get me wrong, there are some that are fine, and at the end of the day they are only doing there job, trying to protect people, but you always get one or two from the above statement.

Your Horn MAY ONLY USE your horn to Let others know You Are There!

Should of Said to the Copper well I peeped so you were aware of me parking lol

Yeah some Coppers are just idoits at times,.....they'll nap you at the end of their shifts just so they get to work overtime with doing the paperwork on you which they get paid DOUBLE TIME for, no wonder TAX is this high

they'll nap you at the end of their shifts just so they get to work overtime with doing the paperwork on you which they get paid DOUBLE TIME for, no wonder TAX is this high

Is this true? I didn't know they got overtime?

The papers around north Wales a few years back published an article about the police chief of north Wales. On his days off, he would sit in a lay-by in Conway with a speed gun. How sad is that!!

Sit With a Speed Gun on Their Days off?..... WTH lol

According Police Officers have to do Paper Work after they Fine or Arrest someone and put it on File. However Alot can go in on their days off to catch up with paperwork but why go in on your day off when you can get Overtime to working later

The horn can only be used as a warning and Im sure I read somewhere that it cant be used when the car is stationary or at certain times of night.