Flashing lights or using the horn

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Both flashing your lights and using your horn are officially warnings and nothing more.

When do you use your lights/horn? How often do you use your lights/horn to warn other drivers.

It annoys me when drivers flash their lights so quickly the bulbs hardly have a chance to glow.

well i use my horn most, then tend to shout out the window, then use my lights at night but leave them on if the car in front pulled out and makes me slam on my brakes,

but like on the motorway if i mis judge timing of a gap and someone them flashes me i think "Oh no please dont flash me it made me so upset, please dont do it again"

suppose its the same for the horn really

hardly ever use the horn

lights however get used alot. mainly aknowledging another driver for good or bad
or if i see someone i know
speedtrap is coming up
etc etc

ohh and of course in the dark

only time i ever flash my lights is when some dufus has his brights on coming at me. horn though, you sit at a light for to long after it turns green you get the horn, then i start pushin. j/k

did have one guy put his car into reverse and try pushin me back when i crawled up on his bumber. glad i have an iron frame with steel bumpers :) he wound up having to repolace his bumper, tailgate, and rear lights. i just had to raddle can the scratch.

I Flash lights to,
Let wagons know they've passed me & there's room to pull in.
Let people in & out at junctions.

I use my horn,
To let people know I'm there when their too soft to use their mirrors :mad:

I also do the happy left right indytaters thank you when wagons let me in on motorways.

I'm a bad lad ;)

i tend to give a flash of lights or nod if someone waites to let me through a gap.

hardly use my horn. only to really get the attention of a mate if i see him infront lol. or when some idiot taxi driver overtakes me when i stick to the speed limit.

dont know why but some people who see bikes with a red L think that its good to abuse them, others couldnt be nicer but it really gets my goat when people think just cos i have L's on my bike they can take the micky