imported focus

steve09

Track Warrior
Car
Honda NSR 125R
does anyone know where about you would go about getting an imported focus RS or ST, cos the export ones, (i.e the ones not made or shipped to this contrey) are 4 wheel drive. and its a hell of a lot easyer and cheaper to make a LHD to a RHD. rather than getting the running gear from the front to the rear wheels.

Depends on the country it is coming from. I didn't realise that other countries got 4x4.

RHD conversion can still cost quite a bit of money. Plus if a non uk part fails you have to wait ages to import one.

yeah they do do them for 4wd, i was talking to my cousin who owns a mot/service/modding garage and he told me that your better off getting an import as it can cost up to 8 grand to make a fwd car 4wd, an that it would prolly cost less than a grand to do a LHD to RHD convertion. on the parts bit i wouldnt think that it would be that much different as its just a LHD and a couple of extra things to make it run the rear axle. i would have thought that the engine and suspention would be the same.

The weight of the 4x4 compents will usually alter the geometry of the suspension. I know with some jap cars that they are mapped slightly differently and run different cams as an example and these can be a pain to replace without going back to the original JDM.

didnt think of that, altho by the time i can afford one i would be getting aftermarket parts, like suspention and cams, so if they go i just a new aftermarket one. hopefully they would be easyer to hunt down than original export ones,