How would you spend £20k

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you had £20k to spend on a car what would you do with this?

I guess the options are (feel free to suggest your own!)

1) Get a £10k car and spend £10k on mods
2) Get a brand new hot hatch for £20k
3) Look for a used supercar bargain like a Maserati, Porsche 911 etc...
4) Get a used car for as near to 20k as you can like an Audi S4/S6 or similar.

Personally I quite like the idea of having something exotic but I have to admit the running costs would put me off a bit.

I can't see the point of blowing the lot on a new car with depreciation so actually option 4 is looking like my favourite.

Other options may include get a used car for £15k and spend £5k on mods, or just spend the money on your existing car.

I would spend 5k on a used car and 15k on mods, that or buy a car for next to nothing and spend the rest on mods. That way you can spend as much as you can on getting your car up to show quality.

One car? Probably a mint old school 911 Turbo with a few pennies left to get it up to scratch and the odd modificaiton. Only because I dug out some old pictures and found one of my dad in one of his old 911 Targas so I'm feeling it atm! :D

Or and Evo 6 and 14k to turn it into a proper track slag.

And then wait 4 months? lol.

My mate ordered one on lease, (in black, all specced up) told him start of November it'll be here. Rings up to check progress a few days ago and there's a massive waiting list and he will have to wait until January/February at the earliest. To re-iteratre, they didn't tell him about the long waiting list and he had to phone them to find out, Audi never let him know.

Suffice to say he's not waiting and I'm taking him to pick up his new A6 with all the bells and whistles later on! (black again).