how to get a modified car mot'd and insured?

boostnturbos

Torque Junkie
Car
BMW 318ci SE
i have a volvo 850 t5 fwd and a 940 rwd. i want to change the 850 to rwd using the parts from the 940. there will need to be some structural mods done to the 850 to get the back axle drive shaft etc fitted. im wondering now about getting the car tested insured and on the road once i get the mods done. no point having a class car if you cant drive her on the road! any ideas about the procedure i will have to go through - testing certifying welds and structural changes etc - to get her legal on the road? any advice much appreciated :lol:

the 940 iv got has a 2.5 isuzu diesel engine in it. unreal gud mpg but unfortunitly she sh#t the togs, the engine give up. im taking advantage of the situation, all the parts i want for next to nothing. plus i like the look of the 850 better. im thinking the wiring wont be as much of a problem.
im residing in n. ireland if tat makes any difference

Last edited:
i know if you get it in in england you would have to get a engineers report and maybe a sva i think it is from vosa to say its safe and done right

i havent a clue. theres not much point asking any gov office on this subject because il just get shuved from pillar to post. the NI gov offices are reluctant to give out any info about the most straight forward things never mind a subject like this.

the real queary iv got is in the main construction involved in marring the hole thing together. i could decide to do it my way but that could (for all i know) be the completly wrong, inadiquite method. is there guildlines to adhear to ie 1.2mm plate must be used, 10.9 bolts are required wen bolting any parts together etc???

if anybody has done this before i wud love to here of any hinderences ye have come upon.