How often to do checks

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How regularly do you perform checks on your cars tyre pressures, oil levels and fluid levels?

Tyres about twice a month - I also look them over for damage at the same time.

Tend to replenish washer tank every week or so as I se lots of it, but there is a warning light for it on the instrment cluster.

I leave engine oil until the advisory light comes on.

For me tyre pressures every fortnight even though they are Nitrogen filled, engine oil, auto transmission fluid about the same duration but the engine coolant and windscreen washer bottle level is checked every week.

About once a month I do get the garage to check my brake pads, they think I'm crazy but they humour me none the less :embarrest:

Even with your new baby Loz?

To be honest at the rate I'm going most parts will be replaced by the end of the year! I love having a car where there so many parts & options available. :lol:

I suppose apart from the weekly checks I'll do an oil change every 6000 miles or so, coolant is Mazda's bonkers long life stuff so that won't need changing for a good while. Brake fluid, diff oil & gear box oil have all just been changed. Once I'm organised I'll get back in to Mazda's service schedule. :D