Hiya guys and dolls.....

Hayley1

Road Burner
Car
Vauxhall Astra SXI
Hiya,
I just joined, I drive a Vauxhall astra SXI , tinted windows, sports grill, alloys, got a lot more planned for it though! Going to try colour coding it, found some a good article on this site.
So just wanted to say hi really,

Love Hayley

xxx
xx
x

hiya pgarner n prince :)

I'm going to colour code all the side skirts and door handles first, then get some bigger alloys on it preferably 18", and then relook at my funds and see what else i can do with the money i have left lol.

Any suggestions anyone with mods and stuff??

x

Just want to make it look nice, its a T reg '99. Its a 1.6 engine, which sounds quite sporty anyway, so more into the looks.

x

How about an exhaust...twin would probably look good. Then you could fit a body kit. A subtle spoiler would look pretty sweet as well. Your 18s should look decent with all of that. Then (depending on whether you have a lot of speed bumps in your area) you should get the car lowered about 30mm. Once that's complete spend a good few grand having the car completely resprayed. All of that will probably cost around £6000-7000.

Are you looking to modify the interior?

Hi Hayley and welcome to TorqueCars. Its great to have you along. What colour is your car? I'm guessing PINK but I could be totally wrong!

I hope you get to 10 posts soon then you can upload some pictures. Have you thought of lambo doors (not everyones cup of tea) but I thinkt they look good on the Astra. Glad you like the site, let me know if there are any articles you'd like to see and I will do my best.

For inspiration see www.carstylingtips.com and click the Astra link bottom left - there are quite a few on there! ;)

hiya,
thanks for all ure replies , im gonna check them out right now :)

yeah i think im gonna get a twin exhaust, n defo sum lambo door bolts, and sum 18" alloys shud really set it of nicely.

Sounds like you have a plan. What colour is it at the moment and are you going to respray it?

Its red, not many people like red, me for one, but its quite nice so thinkin bout leavin the colour.

Reds fine - just make sure it doesnt fade in the sun - as the red pigment in the paint fades in the sun for some reason (and i'm not joking!)

yeah quite a few people have told me that, we should be ok in england though because me only get about 10days of sun a year. xx

ooooo only 4 more posts then i can upload pics wooooop!

Every red car I owned went pink! I think they were trying to tell me something. Here are the things that don't work.

Red coloured Wax, Wax with UVA protection, Beetroot juice, getting the wife to stand over the car with a sun shade (this actually worked well apart from a few logistic problems :lol:!)

haha, ok maybe buying a red car wasn't the best of ideas, im suprised at the beetroot juice, as that manages to stain everything a nasty shade of red/purple!

Do fire engines fade over time?

I bet he was in the dog house after that! Can you imagine the look on her face 'can you stand over my car with a sun shade please?'. I wonder what her actual response was!! :lol:

Hayley...the project sounds good girl. Just spam a few times then we can see some pics! :bigsmile:

i don't like spam fritters but hey!!!

Oh a new way of turning a red/pink care back to its original state is...... tomato ketchup!!!

Kechup might just work :lol:! Blood is quite corrosive though as anyone who has hit an animal will testify :lol:

The dog house was an understatement - I prefer to call it a "logistics issue"! Needless to say the car wasn't covered up by the sun shade for very long at all;)

blood yes???? oooooh how about sweet chilli sauce? would taste quite nice aswell, not that anyone is gonna lick my car!!

lol, i managed to get my car to have a 30 seconds one on one contact wit a wall on wednesday, and i used red paint to respray it!
bit of a bodge job, so the pics will be stayin off for a lil while lol;

Had to get through a small arch way to get to carpark at work, but I didn't line it up properly and sssssccccccccrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaapppppppeeeeee!

yeah just dont post up the side thats scraped.
everybody has done it at some point i backed into a small wall a few weeks ago never seen it in the mirrors so need to get that touched up

I hit a pole once because I slightly mis-judged where it was.

Have a look under the light

I hadn't been driving that long at the time... I couldn't be bothered to fix it.

We've all done it...it's nothing to be ashamed of. It didn't really matter to me because I didn't intend on keeping the Corsa for long. I'd be gutted if I damaged my Civic though!

I can never remember if thats a Mk2 or 3. Ahh well, i'd keep her looking subtle. Nothing too lary and stick a big engine in. I'm sure that model came with a 2 lt, that'd be a good laugh. Maybe turbo her. But then I'm into sleeper cars more than bodykit type cars so thats just me. Look good though,

Welcome to TC,

Dave

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back