GTO Intermittant problem - PLEASE HELP!!

MsEditor

Tuner
Hi Guys, I'm new to the board and wondered if you could help me with my GTO? Sorry if its a long read but i'm desperate!!

Its a 91 TT and has never let me down in the past, until I put it up for sale!

I was out and about the other day and all was fine, did my usual running around and then stopped for fuel. After paying and coming back to the car it would not start. Its not the alarm system as it would turn over but wouldn't fire. So I left it, went home and organised a recovery truck to take it to my local garage. It sat all day Sunday and then first thing Monday morning it fired up straight away.

So the garage say it isn't broken so they can't fix it. I drive it home and everything is perfect!

Next day start it up and leave it to idle for a bit as I wasn't sure about driving it - 15 mins and it stalls. Restarted it with a little trouble but it did fire up. As I was sat in the car the electrics go a bit hay wire and it starts to cut out but saves itself and runs. Does this like 5 times and then cuts out and won't start again. I left it for a couple of hours and it starts straight up and runs fine.

So I book an electrics guy to come out yesterday but I go out and she starts without problem. Call the guy back and he says it wont show an error and less its not starting. We cancel the appointment.

Go out there today and now she won't start again!!!!

So when it starts it runs fine for a while but then you turn it off and then it won't start. The electrics went a bit mad but now its not doing that and this only happened once. When it broke down last weekend there was no smell of fuel, in my drive there is.

I have been on the phone to various people and have been told...

Fuel Pump
Corroded Wire (somewhere)
ECU

Has this happened to anyone? Any advice on what I should do?

Thanks in advance for any advice given

Check for fuel delivery from the pump and check for spark (not at the same time). When was it last serviced? Did you fill up with cheap supermarket fuel?