help please urgent

gizmo1690

Car
mitsubishi colt 1.6
does any 1 know how to bypass the air flow management system on a mitsubishi colt 1.6 glx so i can fit a ripspeed air induction kit:)

Hi there Gizmo and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you along.

I presume we are talking about the MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor). This is something you really need for the engine to work. Most intakes have the filter box and the MAF is mounted in the collar that comes off that into the engine. An induction kit would just replace the airbox and should leave the MAF in place.

If mitsubishi have put the MAF squarely in the intake box you will need some ducting and will have to fabricate your own mounting point for the MAF to go in.

when i fitted trhe air filter the engine kept cutting out its an enclosed box with the sensor on top when i fitted the plug bk in the sensor it didnt bypass because the air filter needed to be attached i have an extra pipe but it wont fit into the air inflow take because of the induction kit is there any way to turn it off:embarrest:

You can't turn this off. An engine needs to match the fuelling to the air coming in and needs also to know the intake air temp.

You need to find a way to fit the induction kit with an inline MAF sensor just after it. I'm guessing this is a generic one size fits all induction kit?

yeah its a universal ripspeed induction kit it fits the car no bother but its the the box wont let it kick in with out the original pipe in the box but it wrks with the spare hose ive got but they all need to connected so it wrks so how would i go round about this

mate this may sound like a stupid question but did you put the maf the right way round????
there is usually a arrow pointing out the direction of air flow through the maf (so basically the arrow points in the direction of the inlet not to the air filter)
like i say a stupid question but i have seen a top end tuner do it on his let engine and this caused stalling