Colt Help Needed..................Please

Brooke

Car
colt
the wifes colt 1.6 has ran withiut fault until yesterday,the engine management light came on and the car starts intermitant.
if it does start the light goes off and on while on journeys,and if it dont start it feels like its trying to start but something stopping it.
checked oil,water ...head ok,changed coil packs but still the same.
the only thing to mention is that there is a lot more condensation from the rear................
any and all help appreciated.

The engine management light indicates an electrical component fault. You need to download the fault codes to locate the fault.

a little help please.
where would i get the fault codes?,and more to the point how do i use them?.

i have been told tonight that it may be the crank sensor!!
am i right in thinking its behind the bottom timing cover?.
thanks in advance.

Take it to a garage who can download the faut code. This will really help to pinpoint the problem without all the guess work. It could be anything from a blocked fuel pump or a faulty electrical connector to a faulty sensor. The fault code will usually isolte the component at fault or at least get you looking in the right area.

Has it been serviced recently?

as the car only runs when she feels like it she is being recovered tomorrow and taken for the check up.
then i sit down and wait for the hefty bill

I know the feeling well. Pacing up and down wearing out the carpet waitng for the phone to ring. Let us know what they turn up and I hope it's nothing too serious.

as the car only runs when she feels like it she is being recovered tomorrow and taken for the check up.
then i sit down and wait for the hefty bill
Hi Brooke, Have similar problem. Just moved address and tried local independant who confirmed "no problem" re. codes. Just got car back. Worse than before!! now sending letter requesting details of qualifications of person who worked on car and refund of £45.00 paid. how did you get on? Regards Tony.