Granny driving

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
wel grangemouth is closing for a month so everyones panic buying fuel in scotland.

well i was sitting on the red today, after working the last few days and not bothering at the weekend, so thought id better fill up and going by the papers it a £15 limit at most garages.

so granny driving here i went changing up at 2500 and down at 1500 never on the boost. well i thought i had done alright getting 39.5mpg over a 12 mile journey. Only to find when i got to the garage that there was no limit ( other than the normal pump limit ) at the shell garage.

its amazing how much better you get by driving slowly but what a pain never want to try it again

It was the same in year 2000 when Ellesmere Port and others were blocked. We were wringing 40mpg plus from an automatic 3.0 V6 Toyota Camry. I never thought that a 200bhp quad cam petrol would give such figures.

We also got 44mpg from the auto Primera I had at the time (2.0i 16v).

And yes, we drove like little old ladies. But so did everyone else so no holdups. Just stick to rigid 70 on motorway.

I granny drive every so often in the golf. Best I've got is around 52mpg or so, but it gets really dull.

Hurrah to the turbo eh? :D

I do granny drive on the daily commute so I can feel a bit better at the weekends when I drive for fun. Yes it does make a difference and you did really well to get 39mpg. I find that little breaking does more for economy than less acceleration. I stick to the 1/3 throttle in eco mode and there is hardly any difference if you hold on to the 3000rpm sweet spot when you change.

The panic buying is going to cause a shortage. (Even if there wasn't going to be one there is not enough fuel around to fill everyones car up at the best of times!)

I just paid £1.10 per litre! :eek:

The panic buying is going to cause a shortage. (Even if there wasn't going to be one there is not enough fuel around to fill everyones car up at the best of times!)

I just paid £1.10 per litre! :eek:

£1.10 thats cheap its £1.15 for super and £1.22 for diesel

yeah prince it wasnt easy as there wasnt anything in front of me so trying not to put the foot down not easy

That was just for the 95 octane stuff the Superunleaded is £1.17. I head of a garage up your way charging £1.30 a litre!

not seen that one but it wouldnt surprise me. HDI going on about the 2000 blockades i remember the other garage in lockerbie jumped there prices to over the £1 mark if i remember at the time it was around 80p a ltr.

did hear about some garages putting the price up by 20p a litre due to the panic buying. ohh well if i run out ill just have to phone work and say ill no be in :cheesy:

waynne youve changed some of the smilies

YES I have - see I work hard behind the scenes.;) There is more coming soon.... so watch this space.