Getting ready for winter.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Its probably time to start thinking about winter. Check your antifreeze and use the last sunny day to wash and wax the car. Its worth checking your tread depth as well, across the width of the tyres.

Are there any other winter checks that you do?

polished the volvo on saturday
sorned the trans am off the road for the winter as i never use it in the rain or when its cold only on sunny days now we have had are 3 of them this year time to do some bits on it

give the heater a blast for a bit to warm it up and run it for a little while to get it up to temperature as its colder.

dont want to go an damage your engine just cos your impatient :p

thats about it.

There is one thing I can say though, is that when your windows are frosted over early on in the morning, don't use hot water to melt all the ice, it can potentially crack your windows XD (From personal experience). I just use cold water and let my wipers take out the water before it refreezes.

Even if the cold water does refreeze, the ice is softer and easier to break up anyways :D

Just waxed mine last saturday, drove it into the SAR garage and took 9 hours to wash top to bottom. Will check the antifreeze probably this weekend and have the winter tires ready in the garage:bigsmile:

it can be depending on where you live. i live close to the border and we are at a higher altitude than alot of arizona so we are a bit colder. We get a little bit of snow on the mountains every once in awhile but nothing to write home about if ya know what i mean.

We've got snow:D:D:D wen't out for a drive last night and boy was it fun. Guess I'll have to go look for the winter tires this weekend then...:toung:

Have to change the gearbox oil today then in the old accord and replace one of the window regulators. Hate working on them in the cold or wet!!!