General tips for car work of any kind

Hello all, I have been reading a lot and doing a lot of research on my car the three single most important things you can do are: 1. either get alldata.com account (have to pay) or get a free autozone account where you can load your car in (information is sometimes limited). 2. Buy the manual for your car, chiltons or haynes about 30 USD, or the master technician book about 200 USD. (the latter is a great resource). 3. go to autospeed.com diy articles and read through the articles. I have read though 90% of the 400+ articles.

As far as any advice that I can give you from my experience. You should listen to what everyone has to say when diagnosing. When working on your car, be very patient. It's nothing worse than flying through a mod to realize something is wrong and having to redo it.

I have fabricated my own trunk space from MDF board, wired my own audio system, and made my own brake LED brake lights. I know freelance working on people's cars undercutting shop prices cause it is just extra money for me. But the number one thing I tell someone is that I will only work on their car if I am comfortable doing the work and have researched it.

Research, Research, Research