Fun at the lights or in a traffic jam

sbtUK

Torque Junkie
Car
'04 Saab 9-3 1.8t
A great deal of my driving experience comes from having fun with other drivers. Dancing vigorously enough at the traffic lights to make my car rock side to side and watching the people in the car beind me in my rear-view mirror as they try not to laugh, smiling and waving at people I don't know, holding a devil puppet up against the window whilst maintaining a very serious face... That sort of thing. Traffic jams can be fun.

I thought of a new way to have fun today.
My car's engine sounds, well, weedy. I would love to make it sound like a hemi having it's bollocks revved off, but that just aint gonna happen.

The next best thing... My car stereo is... Well, it's not great quality, but it's loud as hell when it's cranked. So I grabbed a recording of a big hemi being revved to hell and back and popped it on the sd card in my head unit...

http://sbt.org.uk/sounds/hemi.mp3

It actually sounds pretty convincing. I love it. It scared the hell out of a couple of boy racers who openly laughed at my Fabia while I was some traffic lights this evening. Well, it might have been the slightly manic grin I had on my face at the time that scared them, but never mind that.

Yes: I have an odd sense of humor.

:lol: Thats really funny. I used to have a tape of cars going round a circuit from a magazine. Ferraris Lamborghinis etc.... It came free with a magazine and I played that in my Renault 9 1344cc as I drove along! I think this is up there with the fake dump valve sound effect you can get! :)

Try this in back seat at traffic lights:

Stuff (clean, preferably) handkerchief in mouth like a gag and writhe about like a kidnap victim with hands behind back.

OR, approach parked car holding white stick and then get into driving seat.

Slow moving Motorway tailback - the wash me wash you trick. Wash windscreen and watch car behind wash theirs to clear excess spray. Next one back washes, and so on. How far down the queue can you get this to happen?

At pole position on dual carriageway lights. Rev engine menacingly (doesn't really work with diesels, fast ones or not, as they don't make the right sound) and try to get the car beside you to take off in a GP start and then drive off in a leisurely fashion having
watched him disappear in a cloud of clutch and tyre smoke.

:lol: One of my favourites in there HDI - the Gag Gag.

I'll have to try the washer jet one, is it cheating if you aim your washer jets high? Last time I revved up at the light - the car next to me shot off jumping a red. I had to chuckle!

These all sound like great fun :-D

I had the same woman behind me for quite a while (ooh er, missus) a few weeks back. I kept washing my screen, causing her to do the same. She eventually caught on an started to laugh quite hysterically by the looks of things :)

So it's just a chat up line then sbtUK?

Haha. You're not far off in a way :p

On one occasion I did the aforementioned dance thing at some traffic lights, girl behind laughed, I was on my merry way. Oooh noo... She followed me into Tescos car park (Ok, she might have been going there already) and we had a lovely chat about how boring most drivers are ;)

i used to love dinner times at college when i had my scenic, two sun roofs funny music ymca and all that, and we used to go around doing ymca out the sun roof, also playin baha men who let the dogs out full blast and singing it as loud possible round town, same with ghostbusters, ducktales and loads others, also goin over a hump back bridge at like 60 and nearly destroying the whole suspesion, fun times