Traffic Lights

aswearing

Torque Master
Car
Micra 160sr
it seems that whenever i go out in my car i always have something to write about when i am home. stress that i do not make these up, and similarly what i'm about to tell you happened while i was on my way to staff training

on a dual carriageway on the way it is heavily donned with traffic lights, one particular set consists of the traffic lights with a red light camera. then about 70 metres after there a lights belonging to a pedestrian crossing. the traffic lights turned red and after the crossing turned red.

i stopped at the first lights and so did the 4x4 to my left. we then waited as traffic was introduced to the road until the pedestrian crossing lights went green and the 4x4 took off, realised what had happened and stopped. i literally was gobsmacked at what i witnessed and that such a mishap regarding lack of concentration has resulted in penalty points and a fine.

muppet :D

I remember revving my engine hard at some lights (accidently) and the car next to me just shot off through a red light! Good job the road was clear but it was so surreal!

I ran a red because I was watching the wrong filter arrow the other day. I was busy concentrating on just the colour and not arrow. D'oh!

Its easy done. You're lucky 1) There was no camera and 2) There was no-one coming the other way.

A mate of mine shot through a red light into busy traffic. We yelled at him to brake and thankfully we stopped in time - he was "in love" so clearly not fit to be in charge of a vehicle :lol:.

I've only run a red light once so far. Needless to say, I almost crapped my pants :p

I was coming home from seeing friends in Nottingham. I was almost home and it was about 2am. I wasn't speeding, didn't have any lights out, or doing anything wrong. That didn't stop me being paranoid as hell when two police video vans pulled out of no-where and started following me though. I'd only been driving for a month and even the thought of being pulled over scared me.

They followed me for about half a mile and then turned off. For that half a mile I couldn't help but almost stare into my rear-view mirror. Just as they turned off, my attention turned back to the road and I sailed straight through a red light and onto a dual carriageway. Thankfully, being 2am, there was no traffic.

The thought of a fine etc caused me enough anxiety to drive back there the next day and check there were no red light cameras :p

I think it's good for a few bad (but not dangerous) things to happen to you when you start driving. It kinda knocks you into shape. I always like to practice stuff when I want to rather than when I have to. For example: the first time it snowed since I passed my test, I went out in it at about midnight and headed for a car park so I could learn to control the car better in the snow. Better learning then than in heavy traffic when I don't have a choice.