Front door speakers and sub

door cards are usually held on by around a half a dozen screws and some clips. you dont already have 1 buy a haynes manual they can be a god send when your trying to do something

Or get the cd manual off ebay for a couple of quid. They are a good thing to have though. Very helpfull indeed...

only ever had one mate and it wasnt that good, but then again it was more the workshop manual rather than the more normal repair manual. contained all the torque settings for everthing but nothing on how to remove anything

I got 1 for my Rover and my mum has 1 for her Scoob and they are great. They really are good. Think it depends which 1 you get cause there is a few different one's about.

yeah i picked mine up a computer fair for a couple of quid. thought it was bit off as covered all hondas.
still prefer the book for somestuff if your up to your elbows in crud you dont want to be searching on the laptop. is the stuff on the CD easy to find stuff on ? ie easy menus to the correct section

yeah i picked mine up a computer fair for a couple of quid. thought it was bit off as covered all hondas.
still prefer the book for somestuff if your up to your elbows in crud you dont want to be searching on the laptop. is the stuff on the CD easy to find stuff on ? ie easy menus to the correct section

I haven't had a problem with it as of yet. I also like to have the book around but for a really cheap option you can't go wrong with the right Cd.

Yea taking all the door trim off will deffinatley be a bit of a pain.
oh well might try it when i get in from work tonight and see how it goes!
cheers for the tip miniman but have you seen halfords prices lately? they always seem to be double everywhere else!Or do you mean listen to them there and buy elsewhere?

I never said you had to buy from halfords but they do have some alright deals from time to time, remember your the boss of your money :blink1:. Buying online is probably your best bet as there are some bargains about!.

Yea havent had a chance to play with my car tonight (had a driving lesson and its too dark) but whats a haynes manual? Never heard of them!

Also i know most of the people that work in my local halfords and they dont know as much about ICE as i do and i dont know a lot. I am looking at them alpine componant speakers really tempting!!!

Haynes make the repair manuals, have some good info in them like how to remove all the trim, change exhaust, where parts are in the engine bay (not only the obvious ones).

if youve got mates working in halfrauds try asking them if they get an discount, think the ones down here did. mate got me quite a bit off a head unit 3 years ago. down from £350 to £170, display model and a slight scratch ( couldnt see it unless it was held a a certain angle ) then his discount

Yea when i said i know them i dont neccessarily mean i get on with them!!!

The manuals seem quite good where do you get them from and how much roughly!?

like TN said ebay for a couple of quid for a CD,
halfords do them for around £17, ive had one for everycar saves you mucking about spending hours trying to work out how to change something that only takes 10 mins.

I need to get one for my starlet, just my luck ive bought a car that is quite annoying to add ice stuff too, for example the front speakers are under the dash slightly, behind unremovable plastic welded vents and the headunit its self is behind the centre console so you cant slip din pins down the side to get it out.

Probably pretty simple one i know how it all comes off but still time consuming and annoying.

I need to get one for my starlet, just my luck ive bought a car that is quite annoying to add ice stuff too, for example the front speakers are under the dash slightly, behind unremovable plastic welded vents and the headunit its self is behind the centre console so you cant slip din pins down the side to get it out.

Probably pretty simple one i know how it all comes off but still time consuming and annoying.

I think the headunit in Starlet's are screwed in from the side of the centre console and the side of the head unit. You will need to remove panels to get access to the screws.

just quick idea try www.theloudest.com its a website with all competition grade speakers amps subs etc can work out pricy but a pair of 6x9 are rated at 3000w!! and similar power for the smaller ones (about 4-5 inches) theyre rated at around 2000watts, and i didnt add to many 0's i mean three thousand and two thousand! try them you might like whatyou see

ant

are these ont the folk who started selling on ebay?
someone picked up on someone selling these high powered amps at low prices. they bought one and pulled of their huge amps apart, found them to be using very cheap parts that werent diesinged for the job.
not sure but im certian they were marked up the loudest. this was a few years ago when i was looking for my 1st amp

just quick idea try www.theloudest.com its a website with all competition grade speakers amps subs etc can work out pricy but a pair of 6x9 are rated at 3000w!! and similar power for the smaller ones (about 4-5 inches) theyre rated at around 2000watts, and i didnt add to many 0's i mean three thousand and two thousand! try them you might like whatyou see

ant

Mate they might say 3000 watts but that is Max Power which will only run for a few seconds. The RMS on 3000 is only 1000. They are poor quality equipment in my opinion.

NEED some assistance, just got my alpine speakers and am totaly confused on how to fit them they are componants. there are no instructions with them.

The main problem is the adaptors already in my car dont seem to fit the speakers.

any help would be smashing!!!

NEED some assistance, just got my alpine speakers and am totaly confused on how to fit them they are componants. there are no instructions with them.

The main problem is the adaptors already in my car dont seem to fit the speakers.

any help would be smashing!!!

The wire from your tweeters fit the adaptors in the cars and they also go onto the main speaker. There is 2 connections coming off the wire from your tweeter buddy. Hope this helps.

one of the connections fits in really nice but the other is way to big i think i need some adaptors but will have a proper look over the weekend when i have some time, kinda busy during the week painting my dash!!!

Why would you want to paint your dash?, what colour?.

You may be the first person ive heard of doing this personally, i mean i knew people did this for car shows etc etc but didnt realise people actually bothered on the road.

Last edited:
Lol i am strapped for cash and want to give my interior a bit of individuality, so thought why not?

its pretty easy on a peugeot 206 because most things just pop out i have just given it 2 colour coats tonight and will give it 2 lacquer coats tomorow and then install on thursday then on friday will sit down and admire all my hard work!!!

just thought i would let you know that i have figured out how to install the speakers from reading my car manual and also from all your advice so thanks for the help!!!