Ever wished you hadn't started

wyze

Tuner
Car
Polo 1.1
How many of you guys ever started a project that you wish you hadn't.

I have had to abandon 3 projects now. Perhaps I've been unlucky.

I just bought a nice MG ZS - the previous owner showed me receipts for a rebuilt engine. I now get the car and the head gasket is split and I doubt the guy had any mechanical skills at all as he did the work himself!

He must have used superglue on the gasket! and There were loads of leaks and hoses were just not properly clamped down at all.

Have you had to abandon a project at all?

my current gt4 when i test drove it was told he would put different brakes on and sort the knocking on suspension which where done but not properly now im paying the cost i had a budget and am well over it now

new shocks, springs and top mounts
new brakes all round
cam belt and water pump
rocker cover gasket leaking oil into plugs
windscreen washer pump and wipers no good

with the cash i have spent i could of got a mint one with all the mods i still want to do and change but i might change my mind once its all done and still not managed to get full use out of it yet

My Rover cost me a small fortune to run and maintain. It was a lovely car but I could have had so much more for the money I spent on it!

Can't say I have ever bought anything I have regretted, if anything I have managed to offload them before they got to that stage. I have taken on a few projects only to either turn them around or complete them within budget. The only bad one was swapped for a better car.

My monte carlo. I haven't abandoned it yet, but I regret ever taking on the project. Engine bay's too cramped, my garage is too cramped, my garage isn't heated, temperature extremes have become common here the last few years, etc. Just makes me NOT want to work on it.

All the time. I usually start off full of excitement. The following are a common for me, and they are in order
Excitement, happy, winning, confused, annoyed, angry, raging, drunk, legg less and hurt (tool based injury usually), give up.

I usually get to the part where everything is taken apart or broken. Then give up and call in the help!