Ever driven the bosses car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Have you ever driven the bosses car? What model was it? Were you paranoid? Did you thrash it or drive it nicely?

I don't think I have ever had the priviledge of driving a bosses car. The list includes a nice Audi Quattro (The real one from the '80s) and a fleet of Sierra Sapphire Cosworths. Wish I had got the chance but I think I'd be too paranoid about scratching it to enjoy the experience.;)

Toyata Avensis, auto :) it had a mpg meeter and i was pushing it to see how low i could get it :D

4.3mpg woot :)

120d not my direct boss, but anoth when i had to take someone to hospital.
took it gently on the way there but was on my own on the way back so some fun.

4.3mpg bloody hell. lowest ive ever got mine was to 5mpg

Rover 800 Vitesse 2.0 Turbo;

Vauxhall Carlton 3.0 GSi 24v;

Vaxhall Senator 3.0i 24v;

BMW 535i;

Jaguar S-Type 4.0;

Jaguar XK8;

Long time ago, I'm my own boss now - so I drive my own boss' car!!

a ford probe v6 at 16 i had to drive it across the car park so i could wash it no i didnt thrash it

a rover 820 vitesse at 18 i had to pick it up after my gaffer got banned for drink driving didnt thrash this 1 either

a peugeot 406 coupe v6 at about 21 had to use it to get me and 3 other lads to a job cause the van had broken and yes i give it some this is how i know these great looking cars are very underpowered!!

a alfa 156 v6 at 25 had to drop it of and pick it up from the mot station drove it very softly cause the mot station was only 6 buildings down from the yard

a nissan navarra at 30 no idea what diesel it has but it was pokey but handled like crap :lol:

at 18 driving a Renault Espace carrying boxes of straberries into the town, tried to thrash it on the wasy back but it was just crap. two days later one of the other guys put huge scrapes down the side rubbing a fencepost at the farm entrance, two days later he crushed the bosses bike with a dumper truck.

Audi 80 CD, which we also used as the test bed for new enine development. How many bosses would allow you to remove his engine and plop in a new one? Also removed the rear seats and dropped in 4 point harnesses as we used to go to Goodwood for testing! He didn't care!

Others have been minimal, Saab 9000 Turbo, that got caned, it was nippy but my god did it drink gas! The kids hated the leather seats, poor things kept sliding about!

Past bosses had nice cars but did not allow us to taste them ;) Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche GT, BMW 7 series etc

A friend was once lent his boss' hugely f***-off* 911 Turbo for the weekend (I think he was just trying to avoid off-airport charges).

(*Tea-tray spoiler, almost F1-sized back wheels)

Thinking he'd take it for 'a spin', and how prophetic that turned out to be, my mate drove off down his own road to the t-junction at the end. Of course it failed miserably to stop on the wet road and he skidded all the way through the Give Way lines and across, burying the air-dam in the opposite kerb.

Funny how he changed jobs shortly afterwards! 0>Jobless in 5 seconds.