Ever driven up a one way street

misenthrop

Torque Junkie
Car
Rover Vitesse
Have you ever driven the wrong way up a one way street?:confused:

I did the other day but a lorry was obscuring the sign, a local resident hurled a load of abuse at me. I bet i'm not alone though. I'm hoping I'm not alone. Ok so I probably am the only one that's done this. :sad2:

I'm not blond! Really! I'm not.

I haven't but my mum bought a sat nav a year or two ago & she took the directions it gave a little too literally & drove her car up a motorway slip road the wrong way. It shook her up so much the sat nav went straight back in it's box & it's never seen the light of day since! :lol:

i had a bit of grief off a man in blue. theres a one way street with a lane behind. went down the lane the opposite way. didnt know the lane was one way aswell so was a bit confused to say the least. there was no signs saying that the lane was one way. anyway, a telling off and that was all.

I haven't no but last year my mums street had road works along the length of it so was made temp one way. Signs on each end as well as the side that was shut had signs blocking the road. The amount of people who ignored the signs and drove round them to go the wrong way was unbelievable.
They even had the cheek to give me abuse because I wouldn't give way to a car coming the wrong way down the street. I made everyone back up.

All of them was abusive. I used to come down the road really slow. And they would pull into an opening to let me through so I carried on until I got to my mums drive and then just turned onto it without indicating.;)
They didn't like that.:)

Coming off the drive was fun too.
I'd just pull straight out an if there was anyone coming the wrong way they had to slam on their brakes to stop. Needless to say I made them all back up.;)

i have done it 2 times not intentionally! (recently changed road layouts without proper signs)

and a near one where i was following someone elses directions and he shouted left. i realised it was 1 way when i had this view in front of me:amazed:
View Larger Map

did you have to clean the seats afterwards lmao ???

not really cause there where traffic lights and they where stationary. in all honesty i think the other 3 cars drivers where scared more. cause i was driving a battered old merc sprinter with about 6 ladders on top. i still see there faces now
happy_face_scared_hg_clr.gif
:amuse:

Interesting interpretation of the word thrilling. Remind me to keep out of Ronnie's way if I visit Bangladesh.
Hahahaha... no Hdi, I'm always a sincere & responsible driver on the road. I believe that clean driving is necessary to get respect as a true car enthusiast. You never have to be aware of me if you ever get to be in Bangladesh, 'cause I'm from India....lol!:D

No, but got fed up of folks doing it at Kingsmill Hospital during the recent redevelopment.

The new car-park temporary entrance exit was right at the side of the main road. To exit the car park, you needed to turn right and either go right round the block known as the Dukeries and come out at Morrison's, or else go half-way to a roundabout and double back.

Occasionally, you'd get people trying to turn right out of the car-park, which caused all sorts of problems.

For that matter, you'd get people coming the wrong way down the lanes to access the car park.

I've done it once, but not intentionally. At the moment I realised I was just pulling out into the main road and a Police car passed me - thankfully they didn't see me.

OH YeSSSSSSSSS:lol:
In fact I have done this quite a few times over the years
(bet that's a surprise to some of you:embarrest:)
There are several reasons why, of course!
I cannot list them chronologically so:
In a company van, waiting at a set of lights my eyes were attracted to a young woman. when the lights changed I continued straight ahead, only to be warned by an Ambulance that I was in a one way street going the wrong way:blink:
On another occasion I had been told to take a second turn but the street I wanted was the first. Having gone past berating my informant; I turn back from a R/about and passed the first (original 2nd!!) turn. Turned into the second (original 1st) and proceeded. I suddenly realised that I was in a one way AND there was a PC talking to someone too
He didn't stop me however and the reason for the 2nd turn became obvious as I continued. Only the bottom part of this road was one way and a road/street on the left came into it at a point above the closure:p
What annoyed me a few years ago was that people attending their stalls in Wakefield Sunday market quite casually either went through the sign and parked, even without turning round so the offence couldn't be noted AND, at the close of the market, drove through sign to take a shortcut:amazed:
Unless pricing of fines has changed the offence of going through a sign is/was £40 -£60? and 3 points on licence.
The revenue lost just on Sunday lunch time was in the £1000s
Don't matter whether you are blonde or not. You are human and we all make mistakes:bigsmile:
Have you ever driven the wrong way up a one way street?:confused:

I did the other day but a lorry was obscuring the sign, a local resident hurled a load of abuse at me. I bet i'm not alone though. I'm hoping I'm not alone. Ok so I probably am the only one that's done this. :sad2:

I'm not blond! Really! I'm not.

Hahahaha... no Hdi, I'm always a sincere & responsible driver on the road. I believe that clean driving is necessary to get respect as a true car enthusiast. You never have to be aware of me if you ever get to be in Bangladesh, 'cause I'm from India....lol!:D

OK, Calcutta then?

I got the wrong country. :embarrest: