Engine Swap.. what do u think??

DeMoNiK

Im thinkin of doin an engine swap and i was thinkin i could use the 1.8T for a start. maybe a 2.0 later and start to mod it.. but what do u think is best for tuning the 1.8T or the 2.0?? oh yeah.. im puttin my eyes on an old 320 beemer as an everyday ride and when i do im goin to start to push my crunky 2000 1.4 mk4 golf to the limits

The 1.8T is my engine of choice (I have one in my A3!) - think audi TT 225 bhp! with a bigger turbo remap etc... you can get these engines over 300bhp! Make sure you change the oil regularly and use fully synthetic otherwise you will have major problems!

can i find new engines or just used once?? and how much does the 1.8T costs these days? and does it come with a full swap kit or just the engine?

A used one is the best bet. Not sure of your local prices but would have thought about £400-£700 depending on condition. There is no kit available that I know of so you'd need to make your own mounts and make sure you get the full engine electrics as well.

hello
i want to swap engine from a vw golf 1.6 mk 4 for a seat leon 1.8t 20v. do you think its possible if so do i really have to change the wiring of the entire car or the wiring is the same in vw and seat leon . do i only need to change the ecu and the ignition hub.anyone who has done it pliz hell .is it easy

isn't the seat leon 1.8t the same as the golf ??

there's a website dedicated to 20valve conversions. Do a google search and you should find it. There's bound to be someone who's done it, it's such a well used transplant