Engine sounds wanted for art performance

Ricarda

Car
an art car
Dear car-lovers,
The artist Sarah Sparkes and I are putting together a performance at Goldsmiths College in February for which involves engine sounds. We'd like to ask you for your help! If you like the sound of your car and would like to share the enjoyment of its deep boom-bass sound or the subtelties of a healthy six-cylinder engine, then we'd be very grateful if you could record the sound and send it to us as mp3 via email or on a cd/dvd per post. If you'd like to find out more about our project and would like to help us then please get in touch with Sarah (shedlady@hotmail.com) or myself (Ricarda: dearvidal@yahoo.com or on 07940458535)
We hope to hear from you!
Ricarda Vidal and Sarah Sparkes

Have you tried youtube, there are plenty of examples on there. The project sounds interesting and I hope you get a good response to your appeal.

Both would be great. We're going to edit all the different engine sounds together and produce something like a symphony of cars, so we might start with the revving engine and then go full blast into high-speed travel. Screeching tyres and screaming breaks would be great, too, but please no crash sounds!

5 pots are unique, are you wanting to use your own recording equipment?

Hi!
we could, but actually only if you lived somewhere round London. It would be easier if you could record it yourself - it doesn't have to be on professional recording equipment. If you can record on a video camera or even a good mobile phone that would give us something to work with. The file would have to be saved as mp3 or wav. If it's not too big it could be sent by email to either Sarah (shedlady@hotmail.com) or myself (dearvidal@yahoo.com)
Thanx!

Both would be great. We're going to edit all the different engine sounds together and produce something like a symphony of cars, so we might start with the revving engine and then go full blast into high-speed travel. Screeching tyres and screaming breaks would be great, too, but please no crash sounds!

Right so revving engines, nailing it down the road, high speed travel, wheel spin and screaming brakes.....Check.
But no crashing.....
Right think i've got all that.... I'll give it a go.
Was gonna have a go earlier but the roads was to wet all you could here was the water so I turned up me tunes instead :p:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Recording an engine and getting it to sound right when played back is very difficult. I think a mobile phone mic is totally inappropriate. Something like an AKG D112 kick bass microphone would be more suitable.

I have a few videos of a track day last Dec with some 'race' bys ;) quality is not great but some good sounds.
Hi there!
that sounds great! do you have those vids on dvd? Could you send those to me? The files are probably too big to send by email, so here's my postal address:
R. Vidal
Institute of Germanic & Romance Studies
School of Advanced Study
Stewart House, 32 Russell Squ, London WC1B 5DN