ECU remap for the new Corsa 1.7 CDTi?

tjw2007

Tuner
Anybody ever heard of one of these being done, 'cause I'm having terrible trouble finding a company that'll do it. I've tried all the obvious ones and they don't do it. It seems the new Astra 1.7 is supported, so why not the Corsa!?

Thanks

try celtic tuning, they often want new cars to test and create the software for by dyno'ing it and tweeking, and for you lending them your car they give you a free remapp :p

Have you tried angel tuning? glctuning and vtune? You really need CUSTOM remappers rather than the one map fits all suppliers that download generic maps from their main franchisee.

gcltuning look like they can do it and at only £310 for their mobile service. I'm waiting on the others. Just need to figure out how much more it's going to cost me in insurance - hopefully not too much more, as that's part of the reason why I got a diesel - low insurance premiums!

You should get a quote first - insurers know damn well that modern diesels with a performance remap easily outrun cars with similar sized petrol engines. If they suspect foul play they will inspect your car in the hope they can refuse to meet a claim. Driving without valid insurance is a serious offence and costs ten points.

Vauxhall has done well to get 130bhp out of this in factory tune. I have to say I'm impressed.

Most of these sites will quote for the old Corsa - the new Corsa (D), 1.7 comes with a basic 123bhp - so I'm expecting to get around 150bhp after a remap. As far as insurance goes, I'm definitely not doing anything until I get a quote and see what the difference is - one of the main reasons for me getting a diesel was the low insurance premiums, so don't really want to end up spending the same as I would for a petrol engined car.

Modern diesels go very well indeed. The insurers know this, too. You won't get away with an old fashoined diesel insurance premium with a car the delivers 160bhp in performance map guise.

hi guys.. i'm from south africa and busy with my corsa.. my car stock has 100bhp and you sayinbg i can get an extra 30bhp just with a remap??? or are there a few things i should do first before the remap to get that gain or more before the remap?????

yeah the ecu is new enough to learn small changes that would be made by induction kits and exhausts if you do these after.
although you will get better results if you do them 1st and then get a full custom map done for the car.

One option which is possible is to dump in the 1.9CDTI engine out of an Astra. Thurlby Motorsport have the Astra 888 which is tuned to 200bhp.

hey there pgarner.. I've already done a sports exhaust and replaced the stock filter with a K&N flat pan filter. guess the next thing to do is to re-map then alter it when i do more. is it possible to run two different maps like others have said? one for economy and then one for proformance?

hey there pgarner.. I've already done a sports exhaust and replaced the stock filter with a K&N flat pan filter. guess the next thing to do is to re-map then alter it when i do more. is it possible to run two different maps like others have said? one for economy and then one for proformance?

I don't think it's possible to do the two map thing with that ECU. But why bother? Why not just drive more gently with the performance map loaded?
And anyway, I find my fuel economy is better with the performance map over the standard one

the multiple maps are more for petrols where a remap is normally always increase consumption.
whereas with a diesel you normally get the best best of both worlds more power and torque along with better fuel economy when driving normally

i'm going for a quote tomorrow and hopefully i can have the remapping done within the next week..

i went for the quote and the gy said he'd install a unichip, remap including the dyno, etc for R2800. Is in necessary to have the unichip or will it help over and above the remapping??

i thought it was possible to just remap the stock ECU? or is this guy trying to take me for a ride? or will the addition of the unichip be better than the standard ECU remap??

I would go for a standard ECU remap. I cannot see the point of constantly changing the control parameters. Modern ECUs learn anyway - what chance has the poor thing got if you keep moving the goalposts?

If you can get to RS Tuning in Leeds, they are your guys. Quality mapping, plus they've recently got in equipment to be able to remap the infamous Denso ECU, something that the Corsa and my Almera has.

You'll have a Denso ECU in there. The only people I know of that can read and map these are RS Tuning in Leeds. My Almera has a Denso ECU so same problem. I'll be heading there when the time comes.