Does exhaust shape matter to you?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
There are ovals, twin, quads, square, triangular and round in various sizes. Does the exhaust shape matter to you? Will you choose an exhaust based on its looks or soley based on performance claims.

mixture of both. i like the smaller backboxes nothing bigger than 3" twins in a more standard loking exhaust. dont really see the point in a 6" exit pipe other than noise

i love round twins, even better when there are two, one at each side or is that classed as quads, dont mind the square rounded off ones, but the have to perform well

I chose my tip based on looks, the back box on sound and the exhaust itself based on performance (Powerflow exhausts give a higher power gain than most other exhausts).

For those of you that haven't seen my exhaust.

Massive...yes 2 twins is called a quad. :bigsmile:

in that case i like quads :p dont like those stupid big round ones you get that look like the grand canyon that all the racer boys put on there rusty corsas and 106s

Oh dear, I'd better change mine then
12.jpg

The look is all down to personal taste and the type of car you drive...although I agree Corsas and Saxos don't look good with a 5 inch tailpipe!

yours aint that big glay i mean like huge! when the shake about cos they so big and heavy, make a loud roar and go past at like 25mph