Do you have driving shoes/gloves

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you have specific driving shoes, gloves or any other clothing items you reserve for driving a car?

80% of women change their shoes when driving but I doubt men come anywhere near close to that!

Do you find driving gloves help in the winter or allow better grip/control?

I usually wear heels so I slip my right shoe off when I am driving and put it in the passenger seat. I live in Arizona so winter gloves do not really apply for me.

Change from work boots into slip on shoes that live in the boot.
I have a pair of leather driving gloves the ones with the holes in the knuckles.
I can,t remember the last time i wore these i guess they are just a throwback to my youth.
I won,t ever get rid of them as i have had them for over 30 years.

It's pretty hard to drive in steel toe cap/soleplate boots, so I switch to something lighter.

I seem to recall it being illegal to drive in anything that restricts your ability to control the car, but I can't find a specific reference to that.

It is important to wear the right footwear when driving to get the best feel so thin soft soles are best and I shake my head when i see females wearing high heels exiting cars and guys with flip flops both of them can and will cause problems eventually when in a panic situation.

I do use gloves in winter though, the wheel is freezing cold most winter mornings and I don't have the grip I feel I need as a driver.