Do you get anywhere near the claimed mpg

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you get anywhere near your manufacturers claimed mpg?

I'm pretty close in mine unless I have a bit of fun with it but is that just a diesel thing?

Generally fairly close unless I start to play with it. Even then I still see over 40mpg. Personal best is 58mpg but it's not practical to drive this way all the time.

I've never had a petrol that comes anywhere near. Most diesels seem to return pretty good MPG almost regardless of how you drive them which always surprises me.

There is little incentive to granny a diesel around as you don't really get much extra mpg from doing that.

I've never had a petrol that comes anywhere near. Most diesels seem to return pretty good MPG almost regardless of how you drive them which always surprises me.

There is little incentive to granny a diesel around as you don't really get much extra mpg from doing that.

You're also likely to screw up all the uber complex emissions control systems and beat the life out of the dual mass flywheel.

The claimed MPG is 59 I get about 45 driving neither like a granny or thrashing the life out of the car.
I am happy with this as I came from a V6 petrol Mondeo.

The Mini returns great economy, considering the MG used to do roughly 25mpg. An entire tank lasts me nearly a week and a half. In the MG a full tank would be about 4-5 days.

Certainly not now after my extensive mods and to be honest with you, not too far away when the car was standard if memory serves me right.