Could you be a driving instructor

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
So we have decided that there are the very good and very bad driving instructors out there but following up on a point made by DPSUBARU I wonder how many of us think we would make a good driving instructor.

These 3 points would cover the skills we would need to possess (I think!)

1) Our driving skills and lack of bad habits
2) Our ability to patiently teach
4) Our ability to pay attention and spot details

Personally I think I could teach someone to drive, I'm pretty patient and laid back and don't get riled easily. I also love the skill of driving and am always seeking to personally improve.

I'm with you on the driving and the patience but unfortunately for me something goes amiss when I put the two together and someone else is in the driving seat!

I am a terrible passenger and thus would make for the worst driving instructor in the world!

:embarrest:

My mother tells me I'd be a great instructor. I have actually been thinking about doing the training. I mean why not 30k a year will do me fine. ;)

i reversed nto a concrete poll . . .went into a jeep (not my fault) and when over a bankin onto the main road at scs sooooooooooooooooooo nope not me

yes, i could, for anyone who wants to be disqualified from driving lol

i could be a tester though, i really snap over stupid and careless driving
if i was, half the people in ireland wouldnt drive

I couldn't be an Instructor, I just wouldn't have the patience. My instructor was fantastic & possessed zen like quality's when dealing with a gawky four eyed ginger numpty who had a habit of stalling the car in the middle of busy junctions & the lights have changed three times :lol:

My mate who has recently qualified (March time this year) is brilliant. She has impeccable patience and a very calming manner. Whilst she was undertaking her formal training I drove for a couple of dozens of hours with her - with me trying to role play a learner. It's hard to ignore your own perceptions and thoughts and try to do as you are told and nothing else besides.

She's a good driving instructor without any doubt. I've driven with her today (going to collect personal effects from the now defunct 406) and I think she has really helped me get used to driving again without doubting my own capability to do so.

well i did it a bit went out with my bosses daughter quite a lot and was fun as i got time with her and she drove me around

but i could not teach every one whould have to be a good looking girl no blokes on ugly ones so that would rule me out for teaching lol

well i did it a bit went out with my bosses daughter quite a lot and was fun as i got time with her and she drove me around

but i could not teach every one whould have to be a good looking girl no blokes on ugly ones so that would rule me out for teaching lol

Honest, fair and open.... well done mate.

I'd find it harder - I cannot teach or impart knowledge anyway.

Driving instructors are usually superb. You get the odd flaky one but there's very few of 'em.