Car sizes vs Drivers Size.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think it looks daft when you see a short person driving a big car? They just look out of proportion?

What about a big person in a little car? Should you buy a car in "your size"? Does your car make your bum look big?

If you're a midget then you shouldn't drive a Hummer as you'll look even smaller, if you're Yoa Ming (a 7ft basketball player) then you shouldn't try and sqeeze into a Peel P50, if you're bum is big then buy a Ford Ka, it'll look a lot smaller next to the Ka's back end! :lol:

Exactly. I often drive my wife's Ibiza, which is quite compact, but I can shove the seat back enough to be comfortable.

And I'm 6'4". My wife is 5'1" and she just alters the seats in the Pug (electric, so dead easy, but dead slow compared to manual ones!) so she can see and reach as necessary.

i dont think its much to do with the size of the driver as the seats can be pumped up and down as well as forward back.

what gets me is when you see people ( any size, age and sex ) in big cars that cannot drive them / park them to save them selves

"what gets me is when you see people ( any size, age and sex ) in big cars that cannot drive them / park them to save them selves"

What gets me even more is when you see someone spending three-quarters of an hour trying to park a Micra is a space which would easily accomodate a long wheel base S-Class Mercedes.

And when they finally accomplish this they get out of the car and announce that they buy small cars for ease of parking

I'm 6'5 and fit in my Fabia with no problems. No-one can fit behind me though. Unless they have no legs. God bless Skoda for realising that some people are tall and don't often have passengers. It annoys me that in some cars the driver's seat won't go closer than half a foot away from the seat behind it.

I drove my friend's Corsa the other week and my knee knocks it out of 5th gear :-/

I wouldn't say I was too big for my car... But when a woman crashed into the back of me last year she looked really rather suprised (and slightly scared) when I got out :-S

As for small people in big cars... The common one here in Bradford is a 5'6 asian guy in a BMW X5.

Talking of Skoda - have you seen the latest Superb? Legroom in the back is sensational. It also can open the back as a hatch or boot. Skoda has a few party tricks such as this which makes the cars appealing in more ways than simply being attractively priced VW alternatives.

well acording to web converters for cm to inches I'm about 7'5" or 191 cm and I usually drive a pretty small car (Hyundai accent) and fit great, the smallest car I've driven was a polo but there was no way someone was going to fit behind me in that. The worst car I've ever sat in was a Yaris and there my head hit the sealing and I couldn't fit my legs comfortably. You see people of all sizes driving all kind of cars here, often the people in the bigger jeeps are just whoever has the money to get one...

well acording to web converters for cm to inches I'm about 7'5" or 191 cm and I usually drive a pretty small car (Hyundai accent) and fit great, the smallest car I've driven was a polo but there was no way someone was going to fit behind me in that. The worst car I've ever sat in was a Yaris and there my head hit the sealing and I couldn't fit my legs comfortably. You see people of all sizes driving all kind of cars here, often the people in the bigger jeeps are just whoever has the money to get one...

191cm is about 6'3'', mate.

There's 12 inches in a foot, rather than 10. Easy mistake to make if you're not used to imperial :)

We seem to have quite a few tall members. Me - I'm about 5'8 but i'm still to tall for my hair! ;) :lol: