Car checks?

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
Just wandering cause my mate bought a van 3 weeks ago and did the full hpi and other checks came back with the new engine registered and no other things flagged up. But the other day he went to fill up at a morrissons and the pump wouldn't turn on so he thought I'll try the next one. Still the same no fuel coming out then over the tannoy the attendant asked him to come in
And told him the van had been flagged up on their system as doing a fill up and run 2 months ago and told him if he ever wants to fill up at a morrissonsaagain he'd have to produce the log book.

So my question is shouldn't this been flagged up on the full hpi check he did or is doing a runner and not paying for fuel something that doesn't show up?

It's more likely the plates have been cloned and another van that has done the bilking.
Was it a cheap van? I'd suspect the owner had been contacted by police about this and then after thought get rid.
It couldn't show up on HPI as it may not have actually been that van, it could of been a cloned van.
In which case it would be unfair to highlight the van with the offence as only the plates committed it.
If that makes sense. It does to me. :lol: