Spring checks

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Ok then chaps, just a reminder. Check your tyres, tyre pressure, fluid levels and coolant levels.

Found my A4 tyre pressures to be 20psi from their recommended 39! :eek: No wonder fuel consumption is not brilliant! That's a month on from a full Audi inspection!

Oil levels in both cars were also a little low and needed 200ml topping up.

I also managed to kill a footpump, I guess 8 tyres is asking a bit much and it won't hold pressure above 32psi now! Time to get an electric compressor then....

8 tyres would be asking too much of my legs, never mind the foot pump! haha.
i got a slow puncture on my OS/R but i'm saving up for a couple of wheels. just going to get some steels. not too bothered about the big bus!

Screenwash to shift the flies needs attention as well. The winter stuff which resists freezing is no longer required - get some good detergency additive in now. (W5 branded stuff from Lidl is SUPERB, 99p additive bottle makes 25 litres of wash)

New wiper blades now that last year's ones have done their jobs as ice scrapers.

I nearly replaced them the other month. Bit of vinegar and they are like new again. They'll last till December at which time the Focus will be gone.;)

:lol: No advertising took place I merely recommened a suitable replacement car that would an awesome car to own in Pristine condition without specifically mentioning that I have one for sale. But you've now given me the opportunity to direct everyones attention to my for sale thread in the for sale forum.

front tyres are fine rear are going to be replaced in the next couple of months - not back they have done around 30k now .

fnew drivers wiperblade fitted a week ago. not checked the oil in a few weeks however