Torque Cars

Brake upgrade

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by intas, 24 May 2017.

1. intas

intas New member

uk wales
    Car:
    audi a4 b5 20v 1.8
    Hi everybody quick question i got peugeot 06 plate i want to upgrade my brakes i was wandering if peugeot 206 gti brakes would fit ?? Or i can fit different car model brakes on ?? Thanks in advance looking forward for any advice.

2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    intas likes this.
  3. thexav

thexav Pro Tuner Staff Member

Car:
    2002 Clio 172
    All the 206 brakes fit all the other models, just check the alloy wheels are large enough but unless you have small wheels it shouldn't be a problem.

intas likes this.
  4. intas

intas New member

uk wales
    Car:
    audi a4 b5 20v 1.8
    Thanks buddy i will look into it nice one

5. intas

intas New member

uk wales
    Car:
    audi a4 b5 20v 1.8
    If i change brakes from 206gti do i use originall master cylinder from 206 gti or im ok too keep my old one from 207?? Thanks in advance

6. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    I would advise that you x reference them to see if they have the same size bore and if so no need to change.

7. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Check the part numbers, they will probably be the same or equivalent anyway. You only usually need a bigger master cylinder if you increase the number of "pots" on the brake and suffer from long pedal travel or impaired braking force.

Have you tried aftermarket disc upgrade kits? The Brembo setup with grooves and high friction pads is really good and just bolts on?

8. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    When my 2 pots were upgraded to 4 pots the master cylinder was bored out to fit a 1/16th inch larger stainless sleeve and new larger piston and that made the pedal height the same as previous.