206 gti to 306 gti 6 brake conversion??? and manifold change on 206 gti?????

matt2009

Car
206 gti 2.0
hey people iv got a 206 gti 138bhp and keep reading about puting the 306 gti 6 brakes on it? what do i need to do this? ie.. i will they fit to the standerd suspension? i will be lowering it next month but oviosly the fixings will be the same as the 206 on suspension! has anyone els on hear done the conversion? and also can you convert the back to?? why im at it im going to change the manifold for the sports exhuast! has anyone fitted on off these? iv looked under the car at it and am thinking of atempting it on the drive!! lookes like a right bitch of a job! chears matt ...

hey and welcome mate
someone else was asking similar questions the other day,think it was a 307 however.

if the PCD and bore of the discs are the same then you shouldnt have too much problems, might just need carriers made - cant tell you honestly as dont know the 206
have you thought about decent pads ? try ferodo ds2500 as these come highly recommended for most makes
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...peugeot206;manufacturer=ferodo;sub_category=1

hi mate, thanks for the reply, im pretty sure you can fit them from what iv been reading online just nothing i read goes in depth anuf about it!! just saying fiting them would inprove braking because there bigger.... NO #!#!#!#!! but not what you need to fit them!! i havnt yet looked into pads as was hoping to fit the bigger brakes and then upgrade the discs and pads to 306/307 size. but im goign to have a look now, thanks for the link. matt

bigger brakes themselves doesnt necessary mean better braking, youve also got the extra weight of the bigger discs, carriers and possibly calipers.

does the 180 gti use the same brake setup as the 130 ? this might be another route to go down.

im currently trying to get something together for my brakes, but big brake kits your looking at close to a grand, so done alot of homework and found some solutions that allow me to keep my standard discs (already had the v6 setup as standard) and fit lighter and more powerful callipers. for around £350. or another option of lambo callipers- can shockingly be picked up for under £80 ;) - and larger 2 piece discs, pricey, again similar weight but would require bigger wheels ;(